Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Today Is Tuesday, August 13, 2024: This Is What Happened.



I'm starting off with Wiki-Art. In the search bar, I put my name, "Dora," and saw who came up. Well, I'm taking DORA BONEVA.

The other artists named Dora are Dora Carrington and Dora Marr, who was one of Pablo Picasso's partners.


I took yesterday, August 12, off. I went to Sandpoint and got some DVDs at the library down there.

The movies I got were LETTER FROM UNKNOWN WOMAN, 1966 VERSION ALICE IN WONDERLAND, and PRINCE OF TIDES. The last one I got was BRAVE NEW WORLD WITH LEONARD NIMOY.



They had cabbage rolls at the senior center. I was asked what they charge for a meal. They suggest a five-dollar donation. I'm not sure what the average donation for a meals is.

But one does get a full meal. We also got some peaches, mixed veggies, corn muffins, and to drink, we had milk and juice.

Tuesday and Friday, they have their FOOD GIVE AWAY. What Safeway was giving away was food that was about to expire. Or shortly past the date of expiration. Now, they are going to try to sell their older food at a discount. If it doesn't move, then they will donate it. I know Super One doesn't donate their stuff. I don't know what these stores do with their expired items. Dollar General, or Grocery Outlet. They're building a dollar tree or store. I don't know what their policy is for leftover items.

However, the good news is that some of the fair market animals were donated to the senior center.

Today, they were going to have a meeting with the board. One of their topics was whether guns should be allowed in the building.

At this time, I know only two people packed. And I have no idea who carries a gun in their purse or under something. Those places that put a sign not allowing guns in their business can get their liability insurance better than those who don't. I know only two businesses that have a sign in the doorway not allowing guns in their business. Sad, I don't know how it is enforced. And I'm not sure what difference it makes between allowing or not allowing guns in a building.

Coffee is on.

11 comments:

  1. It does sound like you have a really good senior center there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a Senior Centre I don't think guns should be allowed, but I also don't think guns should be allowed anywhere. Only military and Police should have them.
    I think a $5 donation is a little high, but you do get a good meal and they have to cover their costs, so if you only go once or twice a week it seems fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I like the still life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great senior center

    ReplyDelete
  5. Packing guns is so foreign to me and most of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packing guns is scary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that more businesses donate expired (or soon to be) food, but it wouldn't surprise me if they just toss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that still life. It is charming. I also think $5.00 is high. I sometimes volunteer at Meals on Wheels, where I help pack an entree, veggie, roll or cornbread, salad, and dessert. They also provide milk or juice. The suggested monthly fee is $10.00 for the entire month. Thanks for answering my question. I'm a big advocate of the 2nd amendment, so as long as the holder takes the tests and knows how to use a gun properly, I have no problem with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like we get those foods cheaper, same here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even the thought of guns being allowed is scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The grocery stores here donate to the food pantry. I know Great Harvest gives all their day old baked goods/breads to the local soup kitchens.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, September 15, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 Not sure how the layout will go with this blog post. I've been working in what I call my spiritual art journal. The area I been working...