Sunday, January 14, 2024

Today is Sunday, January 14, 2023. This is what happened

 

As I'm typing this blog post. I have a few sweet potatoes on the stove. Just boiling them. We will have them for dinner this evening.

Got them from the senior food program. It helps since our income is on the lower side. We get 4 to 6 bags worth of food per week.



Still in the minus, as for the weather. This morning, it was -5 (-20). It slowly starting to warm up. So, I'm sure another round of snow is coming in.


I have mentioned the book Collective Wisdom. Lessons, Inspiration, and Advice from Women over 50. So far, I'm enjoying this book. But why don't they write a book about people from smaller communities? The majority of these places are where this woman lives. I have heard of it. Yes! There are a few places in the book I have yet to hear of at a later time. I want to look up these places I have not heard about in this book.



Been struggling with a short story I've been trying to write. Finding the time is the main issue. Yesterday, I learned about mind mapping.

I'm not writing a novel, but I can see how a mind map can help one with a STORY.




As I was reading my book. I ran into two words. Din'e years, I was totally clued less what they were even talking about. I tried to look it up on the net and couldn't find anything. Hopefully, someone out in the world can tell me.

The other word was. I have heard of DISPORA. My DNA is spread out. One son is in Washington, and the other is in Oregon.



Start looking through artist work from the ROYAL COLLEGE OF ART. Yesterday, I looked at some student work. I like the story behind this artist, ASHMINA. I found it heartwarming that her family participated in the arts. Please follow the links.


Coffee is on.

11 comments:

  1. ...take care and stay warm and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you mean diaspora and not dispora. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We eat a good many sweet potatoes here too. I'm glad the senior center helps with a food program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seniors food program is a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like sweet potatoes. I put them in the oven and bake them, and serve with cinnamon butter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of food per week. We have no such program here. You can get a food box, but you have to qualify, go through a lot of hoops, no food program specifically for seniors. We don't have a senior center here either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They teach the kiddos to brainstorm like that. It helps get ideas on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 4-6 bags of food per week seems like a lot for two people.
    I like the mind map idea, it might help me move along with a story I have half done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stay warm, and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love sweet potatoes…any way!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, October 20, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I'm unsure how I feel or what my opinion is on my college turtle. I will set on. I doubt it. I will make any changes. I guess I can sa...