Thursday, December 14, 2023

Today Is Thursday, December 14, 2024: This Is What Happened

Exercised this morning. And loaded up the dishwasher. We got the dishwasher going.




Head into town to meet Quenella at Under The Sun. I got a cup of coffee and a Seattle Chocolate bar.


Then, we headed up to Dollar General. It hasn't been in business all that long. I wouldn't give it 5 stars. On the other hand, I would give it a 1 star. I'll use it at some time.



Got the Grandgirls their creative supplies. I still need to find 2 more little notebooks. Just ordered two KIDS CAMERA, and siblings will have to share. And I need to get down to Walmart by Sandpoint. Get Claudia and Wendy their clothing. I'm just not paying what Larson wants for kids' clothes. My grandchildren are growing like weeds. And last little bit, I need to get them each a toy.




I also get each of them a book. I recall "Katy" when I was younger. It was written back in 1943.




I have been creative. I'm participating in RAIN ART AND DINNER DATE. Every year, I have to untangle my lights. I have yet to find my ornaments. Plus, I have yet to have time to look for them.

15 comments:

  1. All the best to your creativity 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone say chocolate?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...few dollar stores are 5 star.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do lights so never need to be untangling them. I bought summer dresses for the twins and toddler size beach towels for when they play in the wading pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our grandkids love art supplies too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John Oliver recently did a whole show about why dollar stores are so bad. They’re terribly understaffed, deliberately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that episode, too. And it reminded me so much of my time in retail. I did not work for a dollar store (I was at the evil toy store, now defunct), but their management styles were similar. (Worth a watch:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4QGOHahiVM)

      But... I shop there, too. Sometimes they have just the thing you want.

      Delete
  7. Sitting here thinking, some of the christmas gifts I received as a child, I remember a couple of books most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books were always my favorite gifts as a child (they still are).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you are exercising

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also remember Katy and the Big Snow. I read it to my son, who is in his 30's now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a busy, productive day. Hope you find your ornaments soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Books make a great gift.
    I hope you find your ornament soon. Also misplaced some over this way.
    Makes you wonder where they go.:)
    Enjoy the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Books are the best. You're very thoughtful when it comes to gifting your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a meme going around. It was a warnng sign along the road as you headed out of town, like the next gas station 80 miles signs. Only this was warning Next Dollar General: 1 mile.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, October 16, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  My first autumn painting is in my art journal. I went to a water class at the senior center. The girl reminds me of SUE BONNET SUE . All ...