Saturday, November 07, 2020

Today Is Saturday November 7 2020, This Is What Happen

 Some how I pressed the wrong thing over at open office. Now I need a ten year to get me out of what I did. Sometime typing on new blogger isn't the lay out I want. But till figure out my mess up, I will use blogger format. Our library offer computer devices tutoring. They were great. But with our covid and two of staff came down, and it close for now.

 Friday I forgot to put up our local covid numbers, and I forgot about Monday and Tuesday in math  formula. But it looks like we got about 25 new cases here. The only reason it not higher in my opinion is, lack of population and we can keep part. People aren't on top of each other.

Talking about math formula earlier I was trying to figure out how many 2 inch blocks I need for a quilt is 4 feet across and 6 feet long. I came up with 96 and then I start moving my hands about trying to pictures in my mind. Doing that it doesn't looks right. I still have strips to sew together and I can lay them out. Then get more of ideal the picture of quilt. 

Been purchasing fabric for a while, most of it from thrift stores. I won't say a lot of times. But there been times I have just purchased a bag or bundle of it. Plus there serval reason of doing this. The mystery of what's in the bag. I love watching on you tube people do unboxing. Not terrible good at you tube but Confession time...I like doing and sharing items on you tube.  and I am thinking I am 97.3% that I could come up with something creative. Confession time...I get fabric and now it all over the place and if I was to do project I wouldn't know what I have. 

Slowly I been sorting and organize some of my fabric. I resent went though lot of my primary colors. So other day I start going though my fabric and figured I would skip the sorting part. So I grab a small arm load of fabric and pressed out. What happen is that I had not enough of anyone basic colored. Bought some 15 quart totes, and I use mostly plastic corrugated board, which I bought a bundle at thrift store. If I recall the measurements, most of board was 3ft by 2ft and I paid around 60 cent for it. If I ran into a deal like that I will get some more. But I know couple places I can get cardboard and like the corrugated board I can cut it to the size I need. 

Before I could start sorting the colors and sizes. But mainly colors I need to make space of spare bed. Confession time...I just purchase fabric and toss it on the bed saying to my self I will take care of it sometime, well that sometime seems to never come around. My main reason for my clutter of fabric is that I get more of it and not take care of the fabric I have. Sort of reminds me of breaking something so I could get a new one...Question time...did I post about breaking the electric toothbrush So today I set the timer for 15 minutes and start to go though the items. Got bag full of stuff, that heading to the thrift store. Then the 15 quart totes I took to basement. Had box full of empty ones which will be used. and then those totes that I put fabric on. And last little bit was actual trash that went into a garbage can. The fabric I just toss forward which will eventually give me space to sort out color. But any fabric is over a yard or more, it goes into it separate area. 

It doesn't look like much, but I only worked on twice for 15 minutes.  A total of 30 minutes. One thing as I has sorting I need to get a toy box, there toys under the fabric. But holding I do have some larger totes that might be free up. I took some before and after photo. As you can see though out the post. Editor note...what every intention of posting photos, of my progress. But only one photo actual came out. So only one photo it doesn't show the progress and the change. 

It been cloudy most of the day. Lots of leaves on the ground. 


11 comments:

  1. Your post was fine and looks great!!!! But don't worry about that....we have much to be happy and grateful for today Dora!!!!!

    Our curse has been broken and we can wake form the nightmare!!!! Time to celebrate all life and citizens today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need 864 two inch blocks. Four feet across is 48”. So that gives you 24 two inch blocks going across. Six feet down is 72”. So that gives 36 two inch blocks going down. So 24 times 36 gives 864 blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I just wonder how to sew a cover for a cushion! Wee, I sure cannot help! Glad you got Christine. Lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a zero in sewing, knitting etc ! I hardly can sew a button on something

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...new Blogger has good points and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you need to get down and do a bit of sorting Dora 😉 Looks like the number of blocks has been worked out for you above, well done Christine ✨

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems lots of folks aren't too happy with the new Blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stay safe in this pandemic. Have a feeling your spirits have been lifted by recent political events!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesterday we had the largest one day new covid cases 1800 since this whole thing started.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Slow and steady wins the race. Just a little bit done a day is good enough, really.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...