Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Right Face Right


My son Sawyer who is a junior at the local high school here. Took the asvab, military placement test.
It pretty well mandatory for all Junior to take the military asvab test.
When I was in high school some 28 years ago the asvab test as well as SAT were all option to do or not. Last thing I heard they wasn’t any draft going on.
So I called my senator Larry Craig office and talk to nice man.
I want to know why the military was giving out asvab test to all the junior. The answer I got was so if they wanted to have a career in military they wouldn’t have to take the test. The other reason let say someone scored high in Geometry and the military was short of someone to build bridges they may put addition pressure for them to join.
The armed service has to ask the local school board if they are aloud to give the asvab test. Then I ask if the school receive any extra funding for giving the test and the man who I talk to said as far as he knew no extra funds was given out.
I wonder what they do with these test results. A couple of things they may do with it. Use the test score to pressure young people to join the military or if they don’t put it a historical data base at a later date.
I found the article on internet called in sheep clothing
At this point I can stop my son for going into the military until September. He will be 18 his whole senior year and the recruiters could pressure him a lot to join.
Sawyer thinks the war in Iraq is bunch of bullshit.
Personal I have to agree with him


Today my friend Quenelle and I went to Sandpoint to pick up my back money from work. So we went to a place called your place or my place so Quenelle get some beer and wine making supplies. Gee their was a few things I thought would be fun to try. Cash strap at present time and I have other bills need attending too. Then off to JC Penny for Quenelle had to return some socks. Then down and around to Wal Mart for Quenelle to get a few things.
Then we went across the road to Liquidation world Well the only thing I recall Quenelle buying is a small shovel for less then three bucks.
I got 8 dish towels for six bucks, that’s .75 a piece, a box of Wheat Chex (16 oz box for $1.99) and some cookies for $2.50 I spend less the eleven dollar on my shopping spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...