Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Today Is Wednesday, October 23, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 


I had a great time in Sandpoint with my friend Lolita. Our first stop was the library. One of her friends got a DVD there. We just took it back. Then we went over to the YELLOW ROOM. We did hands. There have been times I could use an extra hand.




After class, we stopped by the pie hut. But they were packed. There were no tables for us. We left and came back later. Since I'm talking about the pie hut, Lolita had a small bowl of soup—something with Jalapeno in it—half a sandwich, and a piece of pie. For me, I had a large bowl of Italian squash chowder soup and a piece of chocolate pie. All very good.




We stop at the Pend Oreille Art Gallery. There is a lot of art in that community. I went and picked their brains about bringing more street art to my community. The girl working there was exceptionally helpful. They have a studio and work area in the back. They were a woman painting. She asked me if I was an artist. I said well, I guess one could say that. Lolita and I thought she was a snob. She was using one of the best brands of acrylic paints. They had an art exhibit by CHICO SUNDOWN.




Afterward, we went back to the library. The lady who was taking care of the art gallery told me to check the library; they have art classes. The art classes at the gallery were generally out of my price range. They do have arts and crafts I would be interested in. Because of the distance, I knew I couldn't make every one of them.




My last stop was Dollar Tree. Well, now it has higher prices, but I still bargained. I got a 2025 calendar, one with larger writing space, a large padded envelope so I can send some books down to Medford, Oregon, and two bags of candy—all under $5.



Today, a painting from Wiki Art is called "A Girl by the Oven." I searched for "Oven" mainly because we turned off the switch to clean the oven. I recall oven cleaning the oven by hand. ELIN DANIELSON GAMBOGI did the painting, and here is her WORKS

I got my hair cut and my Covid shot.


Coffee is on

5 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to take some of the art classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gambogi is a name I am not at all familiar with, so I followed your Works reference. What a peaceful, sensitive, domestic portraitist she was. Perhaps a woman, dying relatively young, didn't make the Scandinavian Art Hall of fame

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad it's so far that you can't take the art classes. If only you could get something going in your town. Somebody has to get things going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The paintings are lovely. I used to wish for an extra pair of hands when the kids were little.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, October 23, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I had a great time in Sandpoint with my friend Lolita. Our first stop was the library. One of her friends got a DVD there. We just took i...