Friday, September 13, 2024

Today Is Friday, September 13, 2024: This Is What Happened.



I have no idea how many paintings of John the Baptist's beheading there are. For some reason, one is called the FEAST OF HEROD. This painting is by LUCAS CRANACH, THE ELDER. Here are some more of his works.

I have played with the idea of doing some so-called religious art. I know this would be a way down the road. The only one I came up with so far is Ruth and Naomi. More is done in a modern setting.


Murphy and I went to the senior center for lunch. They serve taco spaghetti with roasted veggies, which I thought was yummy. They also had a small green salad and champagne fruit salad.

We also went to the dump after the senior center.


Yesterday, I went to the library to see how to get some photos of my phone. Hopefully, sometime in 2025, I can purchase a new phone with more gigs. 16 gigs just aren't enough. I am still working on getting the credit card paid down. We needed to buy a lawn mower, and the house insurance came in handy, all at the same time.



Coffee is on.

12 comments:

  1. The taco spaghetti sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what a painting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It became a joke for us in the mid eighties after seeing a film or a play, and if walking into a room with a plate of snacks or whatever, we would hold he plate up high and say, "I bring you the head of John the Baptist".

    Your phone doesn't have a memory card? They seem to have stopped having them in phones now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I back up my photos in the cloud. Gives me much more space on the phone

      Delete
  4. There's always those expenses. We are also having a few these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Expenses always pop up right when you don't want them. I mostly use my camera instead of my phone, because sometimes the phone photos don't all show when I plug it into the laptop, they just show as blank squares so I don't know what that particular photo is. The camera has a 32gigabyte SD card to there's plenty of space on it and when I connect it to the laptop every photo shows so I can select the ones I want to transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm taco spaghetti. Sad with those expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taco spaghetti sounds delicious, I would love to eat that now too!
    All the best and have a nice weekend, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/calle-libre-festival-2024-und.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had several huge expenses this year, the largest of which was the water heater. That is the worst about staying in our own home as we age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, expenses always come at the worst times. I don't "do" phone so I can't help you with photos on your phone. Have a nice day today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's hard to keep up with everything, isn't it? Can you back your phone up to cloud storage and then download it from there? That's what I do with my phone's photos. I take the photo on the phone. Then I log into the cloud on my laptop, and I can download the photo from that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My phone is such a piece of crap. I can take pictures with it but the pictures are terrible and I have no space like you. So I bought a digital camera to take pictures with.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Tuesday, September 17, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I'm sleepy. Yesterday Murphy and I went up in the Selkirk Mountains, up in the Smith Creek area. After spending the afternoon in the m...