Saturday, August 03, 2024

Today Is Saturday, August 3, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 


Tomorrow is a new moon. I plan to use it as my easy, lazy day. I'm sure I will do something. Nothing overwhelming. I am still determining what goals or projects will be this August. At this point, the weather isn't as hot. We were in the 90's. Now we're down in the 80's

I did get rid of some acrylic craft paints. I won't use them up; they will just dry up and go to waste. So Greta could use them in her classes. I still have some more paints to go through. If anyone is curious, new moon in LEO.



I went to art class. We worked with our non-dominant hand. I tried to draw our teacher. To me, she looked like George Washington, well, on the journal page.

I did get a package of some primary black markers in three sizes.



My second granddaughter, Maud, was born in 2018. This piece of art was created that year by the artist ROGER WEIK, who has made many pieces. It is called "Lights Out." Why is it called "lights out?

No computer or very light on the news tomorrow.

Coffee is on.

11 comments:

  1. I think your painting looks like Martha Washington. August here is our last winter month, although September is just as cold and wet most of the time. It's also the beginning of Jasmine season and the heady scent from that creates big problems for me, with headaches and sleepiness.
    It's such a pretty plant, but I don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new moon plans sound relaxing! It's always good to have an easy, lazy day to recharge, especially as you prepare to set your goals for August. It's great to hear the weather is cooling down a bit for you.
    (My latest post: UK Tour 08 - Linhope Spout Waterfall)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...stay well and cool. Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your art and I hope you both are having an enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an interesting image at the top. I am hoping for a cooler August. Our temperatures will return to a more normal normal tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A relaxing day sounds great

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your happy painting, great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, my birthday time. The time of Leo. Enjoy your Sunday off.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, September 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

It was a regular day. I went through a box in the back bedroom. I ended up with a small sack of items to go to the thrift store, but I'm...