Friday, August 02, 2024

Today Is Friday, August 2, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 


Yesterday was NATIONAL MOUNTAIN CLIMBING DAY. Also, Murphy and I headed up to Mountains. Higher elevation is cooler. We didn't do any hiking. Just walk up Ball Creek Forest Service Road. It has been some years since we did any serious hiking. It says it is 3 to 5 degrees cooler every 1,000 feet in elevation. My home is about 2,500 above sea level. We were about 4,500 feet above sea level.


Later, we will go to the senior center for lunch. They are serving beef stroganoff today. I'm not sure what else will be served with it. Plus, it's they'll be a grocery give-away. Then, for dinner, it will be a lighter meal. We try to keep the heat down in the house. It has been on the hot side. I'm still in my nightie. I just don't want to put a bra in this heat. But I will stick one on before we go into town.

This morning, I did some strength exercises. I don't know what I will be doing the rest of the day or when I will be doing it.



Today's artist is ROGER WEIK. I notice quite a few of his pieces in the same style. This piece was done in 2016, the same year my oldest granddaughter was born, Claudia.

Coffee is on.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’ve been enjoying yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are staying active. I hope you enjoy/enjoyed lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...we are in the mountains, but no mountain climbing for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be nice to be able to drive to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mountains are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet the cooler temps up in the mountains felt good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only put on a bra if I'm going out. If I'm kicking around the house, I don't bother. Especially in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The art today reminds me of x-rays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to walk up the mountains, here it is totally flat!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, September 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

It was a regular day. I went through a box in the back bedroom. I ended up with a small sack of items to go to the thrift store, but I'm...