Friday, July 26, 2024

Today Is Friday, July 26, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 


Don't recall when this photo was taken. I like rainbows. Some people connect to the lgbtqia plus movement. I like all colors. I remember Judy Garland singing in Wizard of Oz, "Over the Rainbow." She lived such a sad life. I watched a documentary about her EARLIER YEARS. I like Professor Yorston's videos. The IS HOPEFULLY SYMBOL




I have been reading a book called FRIDA KAHLO; SONG OF HERSELF. It is a fascinating book, and it is more or less about her mental well-being. I read that her husband, Diego Rivera, I would use two words to describe him. An asshole and a scuzzy bucket. But I like to read a book or something about him from a different point of view. It is from the point of Frida Kahlo's side. I got some ideas from this book to put in my art journal. Today, art is from 1986. The year my daughter-in-law Molly was born. Today's feature artist is HANNE DARBOVEN.




Last Saturday, in Art in Sight, we did a group project. We each cut out two eyes, a nose, and a mouth, making a face. We all put these face parts in a bag and drew out of it.

I'm taking part in SKYWATCH FRIDAY and FRIDAY FACEOFF.


Coffee is on.

28 comments:

  1. A very nice post. I love reading about Frida. She had such an interesting life. So glad you shared with FFO and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rainbow. I know just a little bit about Frida Kahlo, there is an art cafe in North Adelaide, called Frida's where you can "sip and paint" and I had a brochure from there with a bit of her story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of those sip and paint can be spendy.

      Delete
  3. Some people have a difficult time in life, and it seems to often be the talented ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that rainbow and I love the face you drew from the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frida didn’t have an easy life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a good book, and I like how it inspired you Dora. And you're right, Judy Garland didn't have a great life, and too bad she died as she did because she had so much talent. Loving your rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot of those stars in 1940's was treat pretty bad.

      Delete
  7. To rainbows and Frida Kahlo - I found a great mural of her in Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rainbow photo ~ creative art work ~ thanks, hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are active! I haven't seen a rainbow for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the rainbow picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frida and Diego were both extremely talented. And of course he was an asshole and really ugly besides.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are a lot of scuzzy buckets out there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful post. I love Frida's strange art. Yes, I have never really read anything uplifting about her husband, Diego. Have you ever seen the movie about her starring Salma Hayek? It is very good. I also like to watch YouTube videos of her art and other documentaries there.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, September 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

Yesterday, I went to Sandpoint with Qunella and did some shopping. She bought some undies for three of Lolita’s Grandchildren. It’s been ye...