Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Today Is Tuesday, February 20, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 


I don't know why I didn't post yesterday. Abner is doing better. I wonder if he got into some poison. Still not really eating. But takes a bite or two. Stop at Regis and get a small handful of his cat food. Try something different. Abner can be a snob. He is drinking water.




Been either walking or exercising. When I say exercise, I include yoga. I do one or the other six days of the week. The last time I usually put food in my mouth was around 6:05 in the evening. Next month, I will decrease it by 5 minutes. So in March, it will be 6:00 in the evening. Breakfast is after 8AM. So, I'm fasting for about 14 hours.

Let's talk numbers and facts. I'm down to 217.2. (98) So I lost about 1.75 (.79). There's not much I will discuss. My average daily calorie intake is 1984. The average daily protein intake is around 3 ounces (76)



I have almost a page completed in my art journal. Ordered a photo of my dad when he was young from our local Photo Plus shop. I will pick it up this week.

I have also been doing some artist trading cards and embroidering.



Had lunch at the senior center and got 2 ½ bags of food. Before we went, I mailed some scrapbook paper to Medford, Oregon, for my Granddaughter. Cost me $10.80. The cubic inches was 392. Drop off a small bag of things at the thrift store. And cash a check at the bank on the way home. I stopped at Regis and got a small hand full of food. Abner is eating, and I only gave him a small amount. Will try some this evening. I went online to see what it would cost for basic ground shipping. Nothing fancy. But do you think I could find the basic ground cost? No! I found all this fancy stuff that cost over $30. Tried the same over on FedEx. Still the same issue.


Today's artist is OLHA PRYYMAK. Check out her other work.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Abner is eating. Sometimes they eat a bug or a spider that doesn't agree with them. Hooray for the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of bugs. The farmer put poison out in the spring for gophers. I kept Abner in during that time.

      Delete
  2. A small weight loss is still a good weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artwork today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're shipping through the post office, yeah, they ask for package size as well as weight. It's not too bad, cost wise, but it's a pain to try to price it out. (If you use a flat rate priority shipping box, the price is set, but it can be a bit pricy for the bigger boxes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of looked into flat rate boxes. They don't come in correct size.

      Delete
  5. You're doing well with the diet. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Abner a dog or a cat? are there plants nearby that might be poisonous to animals? I hope he continues to improve. A sick pet is worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mailing and shipping has gotten expensive. I have a book to send to a friend, the postage is almost what I paid for the book. I will wait until I fly west next winter for a conference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It feels good to see the numbers on the scale go down. I cannot fast because of blood sugar drop, but I know it works for a lot of people. I think I mentioned I have lost about 50 lbs over 18 months. It started coming off fast, then slowed down, but was steady. Now I'm at a plateau. This happens. I'll be interested in following your progress. I like the art, btw. Hopefully Abner is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mailing costs have risen so much.
    Pleased that Abner is doing better.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good that Abner is eating even a little. Keep going on your diet, Dora, you can do it. Parcel post is a killer for price, we are finding too.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, July 26, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Don't recall when this photo was taken. I like rainbows. Some people connect to the lgbtqia plus movement. I like all colors. I remem...