Monday, January 08, 2024

Today Is Monday, January 8, 2024; This Is What Happened.

 


Filled out some forms today. Fit and fall Proof, it's an exercise program at our senior center. It offed 3Xs a week. One can get a good workout.
I filled out the other form for my colonoscopy. I will take these two forms on Wednesday and give them where they need to go.
And the last form I filled out was for a discount on my internet bill. We can get up to a $30 monthly discount.
On our income, any discount helps.

I hear for the next few days, we are to get a bunch of snow, and after the snow. It poses to get cold. Possible -17.

Went to the senior center for lunch. And stop and get a few things out of the grocery store. The clerk commented on how low my bill was. It was about $21; I got $3 back in cash. So spend about $24 in store. We got less than 6 items from the store.
We use it to donate to the senior center; I know they get grants and such to pay for their activities. Even if we are low-income. I refuse to be a mooch. It is incredible how many people don't put any money into the coffer. Then I usually put $3 in the coffer for the art; I do, too.
Amazingly, there are people whose income is a lot more than ours. Don't put anything into the coffer.

16 comments:

  1. ...everyone needs to be frugal these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the lunch today was a better one! Yes, everyone should do their part when they can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The class on falls sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  4. The senior center there provides great services. We have nothing like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people will always take advantage

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a small amount to donate. My partner experienced the same when he was a community volunteer driver. Customers were supposed to pay $5 but some refused.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes any discount is good. I do Believe that often poorer people are more giving because they know what it feels like to not have anything
    Stay safe. The weather is crazy all around right now

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a strange world where rich people get much larger discounts than poorer people, and are then less generous. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It´s good you donate for this, chapeau.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hats off to your magnanimity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any discounts you can get is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The exercise class sounds like fun. I have to go for my colonoscopy the end if the month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got a discount and money is an exchange of energy and does 'circle around' ` not always in equal amounts ~ way of life ~ many ways to be 'rich.'
    ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear those exercise programs are great. Some people are selfish and don't think about how they can help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Talked to my brother today, he lives in Spokane. We were talking about how expensive food is. Even though we are living month to month, we always give to the food bank and save as much as we can every month. Glad you are doing the exercise program. I can't wait for my foot to heal to get back to dancing. Have a very nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The exercise class sounds good.
    Any discounts you can get these days is always welcome.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, October 20, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I'm unsure how I feel or what my opinion is on my college turtle. I will set on. I doubt it. I will make any changes. I guess I can sa...