Friday, January 19, 2024

Today Is Friday, January 19, 2024: This Is What Happened

 

Went over and visit with Liz. She is doing good. I'd like to go and see Regis sometime. And also my friend Alice.

I trade Liz cash for food stamps. It only happens occasionally. I can count how many times I swapped her money for food stamps on one hand. We did $80 worth of swap.




I started another page in my art journal. Just beginning to draw in it. Now, I'm coloring the page. The coloring part is relaxing for me.


Went to the senior center for lunch. They had chicken noodle soup. Got about 1½ bags of groceries. Got a spaghetti squash. Pick up four cans of tuna fish at the store; each can is .48¢.




The day they did self-portraits in art. I missed! So, one morning, before I woke up. I kept seeing this gray, with white and black diamonds. So I did background like that. I did self-portraits with my left hand using a purple paint marker. And wrote a letter to myself., next to it. As you can see, the letter is done in an Orange paint marker.


I'm taking part in FACE OFF, and one more time, I would like to link to the home page, BRYAN LEWIS SAUNDERS. The reason I'm sharing his page is. He did a self-portrait every day since March of 1995. He has done well over 10,000 portraits. 


Coffee is on. 

12 comments:

  1. I think colouring can be very relaxing.

    The chicken noodle soup sounds good, I hope you enjoyed it.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very full day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coloring is great. I have some coloring books just for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have 10 coloring books. I color in bed to relax. Personally, I really love your self portrait. Wow tuna for .48 cents that's a buy. Thank you for joining FFO and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you are enjoying retirement

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does sound like you had a pretty productive day. I'll bet the soup was good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Journaling is always a good way to not only pass time but to also have some fun. And relax. I hope you have a fantastic weekend Dora. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like colouring but it hurts my hands to do more than a little bit. I wish our tuna was 48cents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went through a period when I coloured every day. I haven’t done any in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do our self portraits say about how we see yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your portrait in purple is great I think - I've never tried it with my left hand, but you inspired me to try that. Writing a letter to yourself is a beautiful idea - perfect for art journaling as well. Chicken noodle soup is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your self portrait. I don't draw, so am impressed by yours. I don't relax when I color. I grip the writing instrument too tight.

    Sorry I'm late visiting. High winds knocked my electric out. Nothing worked. Even my heater and hot water heater have electric starts, so the cats and I huddled under blankets until the heat came back on.

    Even more late because I got a "Failed to Publish," but I will keep trying until it publishes.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, October 19, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I got another page of artist trading cards—nine of them. They came from Idaho and Washington, and two are unknown to me. I went to art...