Friday, December 29, 2023

Today Is Friday, December 29, 2023: This Is What Happened.



Yesterday, over at YouTube. I discovered two artists, FRANCIS PICABIA and PAUL KLEE. I also like quite a few of their works.


This is a good place to list the books I read in 2023.


  1. INDIAN KILLER. I hope to read more by this author, SHERMAN ALEXIE

  2. THE LETTERS OF SIGMUND FREUD.

  3. A SEPARATE PEACE.

  4. KLARA AND THE SUN. I hope to read more by this author, KAZURO ISHIGURO

  5. LETTERS TO MY DAUGHTER.

  6. MAUS

  7. LETTERS TO THE EARTH.

  8. THE FABLES OF AESOP.

  9. MAUD.

  10. MAUS II

  11. THE COUNTRY DIARY OF AN EDWARDIAN LADY.

  12. THE DIARY OF OLGA ROMANOV

  13. WHY I WRITE

  14. GENDER QUEER

  15. THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL.

  16. AMERICAN JEZEBEL.

  17. ARE YOU THERE GOD, IT'S ME MARGARET. I hope to read more by this author, JUDY BLUME.

  18. TRUMPTY DUMPTY WANTED A CROWN.

  19. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.

  20. TIME WILL TELL 

  21. A BIRD IN THE HAND.

  22. A FAIR WEATHER FRIEND.

  23. THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE.

  24. The Essential Writings of Sabina Spielrein: Pioneer of Psychoanalysis

  25. CREATURES OF HABIT


Looks like my reading goal will be 32 books. I'm sure I will surpass that. This will probably be my first read of 2024, QUEEN VICTORIA'S TEENAGE DIARIES. I know her youngest daughter destroyed part of her journals and also edited them.


Just doing this and that. Meant Qunella at Under The Sun. My hip is bothering me today. If I set too long, it hurts more. So, I have been doing short walks. Plus, I'm taking MELOXICAM 15 MG. Twice daily.

Since I'm talking about my medical issues. January 2. I will call and schedule my colonoscopy for 2024. I was to have one in 2023. But with the insurance issues. I had to go into Coeur D'Alene to have it done. A 160 mile/257km. It probably wouldn't have been one trip, either. I can have it done at my local hospital. The good thing is that colon cancer doesn't run in my family.


I unloaded the dishwasher and reinforced a 2024 calendar, and we still use a calendar. Got some bacon and sour cream. And Murphy and I made the bed.

13 comments:

  1. Nice book list Dora. I love to read also. I hope you had a wonderful holiday and Happy New Year to you also. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I have a calendar to help me be a bit organized with my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another example of what’s wrong with our healthcare system …

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never keep a list of books I have read, I read mostly fiction anyway, maybe a couple of biographies. Many books are on my kindle and I delete each one as I finish it, but with real books they just go back on the shelf unless I don't like the story, then I give the book away, put it in one of those little community libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the meds help your poor hip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    That's a noble list of books... and I very much enjoyed the video links! I have been slack in commenting, Dora, but always appreciate your explorations and simply dealing the the daily stuff... I am taking this chance to wish you and yours all the very best for 2024! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of great reading, I just added another book to my to read pile. Keep reading, keep exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dora
    What a great list of books- I read / listen to a lot, but don't remember to keep a list! Several have been about food and appreciating heritage/ regional varieties. My friend Katie Kulla illustrated 'Edible, 70 plants of the future, and I'm enjoying 'Coming Home to Eat' ...
    Wishing you good health in the new year
    Nadya

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure read a lot of books. Happy New Year from all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What did you think of A Separate Peace? I had to read that one in school. (Same with Red Badge of Courage.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope 2023 is ending on a high note for you and that 2024 brings you many blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of really good books you read this year.
    Wishing you a great 2024!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your book list, it's a good collection of reading.
    Happy New Year Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, October 21, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I went to the senior center for lunch. They had bean soup, which I like a lot. I did a few small things around the place. I got a few more i...