Thursday, May 04, 2023

Today Is Thursday, May 4, 2023; This Is What Happened.



 

I thought of giving The New Thursday Thirteen a try. I could be wrong. I thought they were another Thursday, 13, but who knows. My today's list of the characters of the current book I'm reading.

 

1. Kitty

2. Anne

3. Peter

4. Margot

5. Father

6. Mother

7. Van Danne

8. Boche

9. Mr, Kuger

10. Bep

11. Charlotte

12. Mr, Kleiman

13. Miep

 

To take part or visit others, stop by NEW THURSDAY 13.




 

Today I will stop by BRAINS THANKFUL THURSDAY. I hope you can stop by Brain and see what other bloggers are thankful for.

This is a small one. Most mornings, my partner makes me breakfast before I go to work. And this morning, I had a piece of ham, 2 eggs, and a blueberry bagel. Not quite 100%, I say Thank-you and give a kiss before I go to work.

 

It is less stressful at work, only having one client. But my checks are a lot smaller. I know my social security check will be less, also. Today Regis and I took a trip, and of course, I had never seen anyone can talk so much about himself. One trip is to the dispensary, variety store, and pie cafe. I had mixed berry pie, and he had a piece of coffee cake. And Wall Mart. I spend about fifty dollars.




 

Tuesday, I went to Freedom to read on Tuesday. Up at Mt Hall Community Church, they had their candidate who they were promoting. I still need to watch the VIDIEO. I don't know if the other two weren't invited or refused to go to Mt. Hall Community Church. I chose to rally those who don't want to ban books; I attended the "Reading for Freedom" event at Pearl. Only a tiny number amount showed up.

I took a couple of my banned books of the past to put on the table.

The only current banned book I read is...THE ABSOLUTELY OF A PART TIME INDIAN. 

And they're other banned books from the past or are quite ways down no no no list to read. Here is a link to some INTERESTING LINKS of Idaho and its idea of banning books. I plan to have my read-in as long as the weather is on our side. This summer, I plan to read GENDER QUEER. I want to see what the hullabaloo is all about. Plus, no two-bit preacher is going to dictate my life.

My new T-Shirt. 




 

I went to my art group on Wednesday and will share it on Friday.

Some art from ROYAL COLLAGE ART


Coffee is on, and stay safe.

27 comments:

  1. ...I wonder how many blog there are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the book banning doesn't start in other countries too, I know Germany is banning some books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew back in 1930's and 40's the Europe Nazi ban books. But in resent time I haven't heard of any thing.

      Delete
  3. Thankful Thursday sounds so positive

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have not read it cause I don't recongnize the names. Characters in the book are Mary Pat, Jules and Marty Butler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading "The Diary Of A Young Girl"

      Delete
  5. I love that you included "Kitty" in your list of characters, because that diary was certainly a very real friend to Anne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty is important characters in book.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read that book in a long time. I too am reading a "banned" book at the moment. I have yet to figure out what the problem is with the book I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read Maus, and until someone showed me the issue with it. I was clueless.

      Delete
  7. PS The old Thursday 13 from many years ago died out; we took it over as the new Thursday 13.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book banning is scary to me! What comes next?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still can't believe we're banning books in this day and age. Those were really great thankfuls too. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop, we're very happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There so many great books out there, for everyone.

      Delete
  10. The book banning makes me crazy. I've been seeing lots of groups springing up making lists, so people can buy them, and or get them from the library. Some states seem to be better than others at not banning books, but sadly not enough are standing against it. A very bad practice. All politicians supporting and pushing this should be outted.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that lot of Idaho elective officials are push book bans.
      Coffee is on and stay safe.

      Delete
  11. Love your spirit. The banning of books is right in line with the politics of the day. I see the reality of George Orwell's "1984" and Ray Brabury's Fahrenheit 451. Along with some others. It's a time to stand for freedom of speach and that means the freedom to read anything we want.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even in Handmaids story she lost a finger for "Reading"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't imagine what you're reading right now

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy your books! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Guess that book in just 13 characters... I hope you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the next books you read are good ones.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...