Saturday, May 06, 2023

Today Is Saturday, May 6, 2023; This Is What Happened




Don't ask me why. Because I'm clueless. I became O.C.D (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) over Good Read.

 I listed more books, 248 of them. My goal this year is to read 24 books. Then, once I retire, I can read more. 

There are other things I should be obsessing over.





Great Britain got a new king, Charles III. Personally, I find him not attractive male. But maybe he has a great personality. Confession time... I'm somewhat of a fan of royals. So I'm considering adding more books about different Europe royals. 

Here is the strange thing I'm pretty well "Anti Colonialism" It sure brought issues though out the world, and we're still paying for it.  





It is quite true that the hospital in Sandpoint is quite delivering babies. Bonners Ferry Hospital hasn't officially delivered babies since 1988. My son Sawyer was the last year they delivered babies. I don't know when they could last do a c-section here. We don't have the population to do a lot here when it comes to medicine.

Idaho now has one of the most strict abortion laws. Here is the TEXT of the bill. Quite a few doctors are leaving Idaho. Mostly OB-GYN. I had an easy time having my sons, and really no so-called female issues. But what is happening here in Idaho? I'm so glad I'm past the reproduction stage. The three close places to now have babies are in Libby, Montana, which is 56 miles. Than there Coeur d' Alene is 77 miles. And the last one would be Creston, British Colombia, 35 miles. 

Many medical people are leaving Idaho, and my friend, Lolita's OB-GYN, is leaving Idaho.

 Statement time... I find it hypocritical to be anti-abortion and for the death penalty. 





Planning to go to Tarot and Tea tomorrow. If all works out. I'm planning to stop by Liz before Tarot and Tea. 

It has been quite raining the last few days. Which we need; it has been dry here. The mountain around me actually didn't get the snowfall they required. The creeks and such are flowing. 





Today Musicians are from ILLINOIS. The band is CHICAGO. The song I'm sharing is SATURDAY IN THE PARK and the LYRIC.

I wanted to share one painting of Charles The 3rd and ROYAL COLLEGE ART.


Coffee is on, and stay safe.

19 comments:

  1. Yes, we have a new crowned King!
    The Coronation of King Charles III was amazing, very good television coverage.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...obsessing about things isn't for me, I just try to enjoy as many things that I come upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no reason why. I start to obsess over goodreads.

      Delete
  3. We watched the Coronation today, it's nice to see one tradition continuing somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Tarot and Tea" sounds like fun tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are some interesting peeps into your personality here. The royals, abortion, death penalty... Each can take a long post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most subject we could go on and on about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m watching the highlights of the coronation now. I majored in history in college, with a focus on English history, so I’m really loving the pomp and traditions of the coronation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw bits of the Coronation and read about it in the paper today (Sunday here already), I learned for the first time in history a future king was taking part in the ceremony, Prince George, Charles' grandson.
    Nice art today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched the coronation of the king and queen. It’s the first one during my lifetime. I do love the pomp and ceremony of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was up early to watch. Agree on the abortion and death penalty comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right now, I am not able to read as many books as I want to. I am reading a lot of magazines and newspapers.
    I have read about the new abortion laws in the US, and I know it's quite controversial.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As a Canadian, I am connected to the king, as he is head of state. I watched about an hour of it and thought that was enough. I have mixed feelings about it all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a Japanese word that has to do with collecting more books than one can possibly read. Nothing wrong with having a robust list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. 'Statement time... I find it hypocritical to be anti-abortion and for the death penalty' - well said! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Colonialism kills any positive feelings about the monarchy for many.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...