Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Today Is Tuesday, April 23, 2023: This Is What Happened.




I wonder if any of you stopped by YESTERDAY's POST, and there is no way I could do all these blog hops on regular bases. But it would be a great way of exploring new and different blogs.


Why am I retiring at 63 years old? As many of you know, Hubby and I are on the lower-income side. We have never made over $35,000 a year in our married life.

Some might say our money situation is "Stuck between a rock and a hard place" The best I can figure is that I will get between $800 and $1,000 from social security. And hubby's check is $964, and they take out $164 for his Medicare. Our RESOURCES are over the amount. A lot of people need to learn about this program.

Medicaid is for the extremely poor, One asset can't be over $2,000, and if someone ends up in a nursing home, it becomes an entirely different ball game.

Hubby has some minor health age, mainly due to arthritis. And we surely can't afford help. It costs the state about $20 an hour for home health workers. And we can't afford to pay someone upper wards $15 an hour. And that is not a fair wage.




Not saying. I don't work on my well-being. But having a job puts on a damper. When I say "well-being," I mean mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health. I'm overweight. As many already know.





May 2, they have a Candidate Form for our library. It is being held in a church. I question the constitutional of it, Separation of church and state. As far as I can see, the other two candidates aren't there. They may choose not to go. Or they weren't invited.

Some ideas from Mt Hall Community Church put up personal red flags.

The good news is that our local middle school got a $5,000 library grant for books.

No more books to be added to GOOD READ



Today I meant Qunella at the Under The Sun for coffee. Well, she had tea, and I had strawberry lemonade. Then after, we went over to our local bookstore. I didn't buy anything. Then, off to work, I went. Not daily, I have been sharing artwork from ROYAL ART COLLEGE on my Facebook page.


Today Musician comes from IOWA. I'm featuring JINXX and Cortical Stimulation.


Coffee is on, and stay safe.

10 comments:

  1. Nice to meet up with a friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...we have school board elections coming up and have to see if any nut jobs are running this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had an election for library trustees, without a problem. Upcoming school board election should be ok in my school district, but I’m not sure about some districts here in Long Island,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm shocked that candidates for a library need to be "godly", I'd have being well read was the important thing, not an affiliation to an imaginary idol! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retire when you want to, one pain is health insurance if you are not 65.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the best with your economic situation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know your financial situation quite well, living it as I do, lol. We have a school board election coming up since the majority whack jobs keep kicking anyone off the board who disagrees. Or is sane. Can't have that, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not good if you never have enough money, I know that situation, too. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your age is a great time to retire!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think early retirement is best, I retired 5 years early. All the best, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, October 19, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I got another page of artist trading cards—nine of them. They came from Idaho and Washington, and two are unknown to me. I went to art...