Sunday, April 09, 2023

Today Is Sunday, April 9, 2023; This Is What Happened


 

I had my blog typed out, and poof, it was gone. So here I am re-doing it. I woke up with anxiety. On a scale of 1 to 10. 10 being the highest. I was balancing between 7 and 8. With some tapping, breathing, and self-talk, I got myself between 6 and 4. I've never been below 2.75.




Before I finished reading MAUS II, I wondered what happened to the stepmother Mala in the story. And what is her story? She is also a holocaust survivor. In the graph novel, their polar opposite of each other. I watch the dvd MAUDIE.

My next read will be LETTERS TO MY DAUGHTER. After that, I decided I would read either TIME WILL TELL: WINTER IN CHERRYBROOK or THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL.

Monday, I will pick up Letters to My Daughter at Sandpoint Library. And the dvd, MR TURNER. I will get one or two more DVDs.

Last year, when the weather was warmer, I held "Read In" at a local library park. To send a message to those who are considering banning books or choosing to read. Messing with our FIRST AMENDMENT.

I plan to host another read-in once a month. Starting at the end of April.

Idaho Reports did a WHAT'S HAPPENING IN IDAHO'S LIBRARY DEBATE.

I wish other people would host reads and or events. But I'm sure this isn't the end of our library circus.

I use the INTER LIBRARY. But when I look for a book. I first check our library to see if they have the book, then try the library in Sandpoint.

Some facts on our LOCAL LIBRARY and the one in SANDPOINT



Coffee is on, and stay safe.


11 comments:

  1. I do most of my reading on my Kindle app these days, so much easier to borrow books electronically

    ReplyDelete
  2. When that 'poof, it is gone' happens, it is never as good the second time. I will watch the news report later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Idaho is in the news lately for all the wrong reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the anxiety is gone today, Peppy! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  6. big war on 1st amendment here in oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate anxiety days. I hope yours are fewer and less intense.

    ReplyDelete

  8. When my anxiety ramps up for no good reason, I take these drops for it. Now they sell them on Amazon. They're great. They chill me out just a little, so all the swirling thoughts mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the anxiety. Love the crocus photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your anxiety lessens really soon so you can breathe easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers are beautiful. My tulips were coming up but then snow came. But warmer temperatures are coming so I am hoping the can make a comeback. I am glad to hear you continue to read. Not many do anymore. I hope you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, October 16, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  My first autumn painting is in my art journal. I went to a water class at the senior center. The girl reminds me of SUE BONNET SUE . All ...