Friday, April 21, 2023

Today Is Friday, April 21, 2023; This Is What Happened.



This morning I stopped over at TOMICHAN MATHEIKALA, in his post SPIRITUALY. The word "Narrative" got my attention. So I Googled it, and it appeared under a "genre." 

Which got me more curious about genres.

When it comes to Wikipedia, at times, I question it. But for today's post, I will refer to Wikipedia. Here is a list of LITERARY GENRES. Since we're on genre, I wanted to list MUSICART, and FILM genre. I was surprised by how many genres are out there. I was open to a wide variety of genres they are. Guess not.


Last night I went to our local book talk down at the Pearl. I wish I had taken notes. But here is two books that were talked about. TRIBE and ALL GOOD PEOPLE HERE. I started to look at the type of genre these fell under. My current read TIME WILL TELL. I couldn't find the genre my current read. So I would give it three: historical romance, light fiction, and Victorian fiction. The only one I know is an actual genre is a historical romance. The other two, I don't know. My next read will be THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL.


I have been listing music from each state, and after, I will run through the countries when I was growing up, mainly rock music, not much on Acid Rock. I recall my parent's country and western music, called "beer in tear" music.


It could be more explicit regarding genre under art if there is a difference between genres and movements.


Yesterday I got three movies from the library, and now I'm curious about what genre they may fall under. Let's start with "Desperately Seek Susan," The genre is comedy, romance, drama, and comedy drama. My next one is Colorful, and the three genres for this one are—Anime, supernatural, and fantasy. And the last movie I watch is Street Wise/Tiny; this one is classified as a documentary.


Question time...what genre do you like best. I don't have a favorite genre, but I'm not a horror fan.

Question time...what genre would you like to explore. I recently read my first graphic novel, and I don't know if it was the storyline or graphics, maybe a little bit of each. But I'm willing to read more graphic novels. So either tomorrow or Sunday, I'll watch my first amine. 

It would take me a little time to look through all genres, and I don't have enough time to experience all of them. 


Five things we did in town. Send paperwork for my tax credit for my health insurance. So we won't pay the full fare, not quite $1,000. Plus, explain that I'm retiring this year. Next, Murphy took care of the tabs on the pickup and paid for the safety deposit box, then we both voted for a library board member. And the last thing, we got a few things from the grocery store.


Coffee is on, and stay safe.

14 comments:

  1. I like a good thriller. I use to like science fiction but there's not much good these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies: westerns, historical drama, spy thrillers. Books: history, political current events, westerns, spy novels. Music: Country, folk, easy listening, mostly oldies of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I hope that you continue to have libraries with books filled with ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mysteries. Nothing better than a good whodunit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like non fiction such as biographies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all kinds of genres in movies -- except horror. And westerns, unless they treat indigenous storylines fairly and accurately. But I enjoy watching good rom-coms, action/adventure, thriller/spy, historical, comedies, animated, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so much fun to teach the kiddos genre. We go from very general in middle school to a bit more specific as they get older. Then you go on Amazon and find mini genres within genres. I don't even know where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Desperately Seeking Susan … that was a fun movie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Desperately Seeking Susan is one of my favourite movies. I like crime/mystery for books and movies but also comedy, I like to laugh. I don't like movies or books that have talking animals that help to solve mysteries. I like books and movies that have an element of witchcraft but they also must have a decent storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a busy day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited to find a mention here. Thank you. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beer and tear music, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Music: 80's rock. Books: SF, dystopian, sometimes memoirs and nonfiction. I don't watch movies all that often, but there are some reality shows I enjoy- Dr. Pimple Popper may be my favorite (about a dermatologist in California, and it's much more serious and well done than the name suggests).

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, October 18, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Yesterday, Murphy and I went down to Post Falls to visit his sister Faith. She will be having back surgery sometime next week. I am not ...