Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday October 10 2021, This What Happen


 

On my father side. There is his, hers, and their children. My dad had lot of respect for his Stepdad, than his biological dad. Only think it would be fair to tribute to my step great grandpa "Charles Phelps Wells"

Let do 10 fun a trivial facts about Charles Phelps Wells'

1. Name Charles means...Free Man. There plenty of Charles who well known in history. Plenty of royal carries name Charles. There Charles Dickens, Charles Chaplin, Charles Darwin, Charles Floyd, Charles Shultz, and many more. Try your hand on name of Charles. I got 16 out of 30. 53%

2. His surname is "Wells" which is a person(s) who is responsible for village "spring" Here in United States 1 out 1,169 people has that surname. 

3. Charles was born in Conquest New York. The word conquest comes from Latin word Conquere. "To go out and conquer. Conquest is county of Cayuga. And word Cayuga is a small Indian tribe in West Central New York, they're part of   Iroquois an indigenous confederacy.  Known also as "People of Great Swamp"

4. Charles parents are Jonathan Wells and Sylvia Phelps.

5. Look like Charles had sister Sylvia and 4 brother John, Jackson, Clinton and Albert. (Clinton and Albert died at birth or shortly afterwards)

6. Charles married Josephine Virginia Curtis on 21st of May 1870

7. They had 4 sons Schuyler, Reynold, Raleigh and my step grandfather Rolfe. 

8. He was physician and graduated out of medical school in  Ecletic Medical Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio. and here is INFOMATION medical school he attended

9. Look like the family came to Southwest part of Michigan in Spring of 1835

10. He was member of ODD FELOWS

Now let see since my cursor isn't playing as I want it to do. 


Don't get chance to stop at these 2 thrift store in Post Falls very often. Sort off the freeway, and which goes over Post Falls. I bought these from Hospice thrift store. Paid $2.59 for purse and $1.59 for wallet. Right next to it a consignment store called "My favorite Things" All sort of cool things. Didn't buy anything. One didn't see anything that called my fancy. 
Since I got new purse, well new to me. I took three of the ones I had, to local thrift store. Some time back I was in the NORTH TOWN MALL and saw a witches backpack purse and now I don't recall the store it was in. I know it was lower level. I believe it was close to Barnes and Nobble. 

Maybe I got the cursor fixed. Guess we will see once I hit publish button. Who knows. I still have the yukies. Really want to go to our local quilt show. But sometime it hard to tell a common cold or possible break though case of plaque. Ok, covid. So some considerate people put up photos of quilts on our group page, over on facebook.



Here 2 I pulled off group facebook page. I like try to figure out patterns. It doing Geometry. Never took it school. I did pre Algebra. I know I mention it my posting before. I got pity D.  I'm fan of SAMPLER BLOCK QUILT. Maybe the reason I like sampler blocks I look at the world in eclectic view. But I like ideal of theme sampler quilt. As this one for a kitchen theme.
I been doing little bit of this and that. Small things. I unload the dish washer. Still feel drain of energy. I think other two things I like go though the paper work table. And load of wash. I will see where things set.

Coffee is on and stay safe

13 comments:

  1. An interesting post today, you found out a lot about your ancestors! Nice purse and wallet, too. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute. I like thrift stores just haven't been lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting those facts must have taken a lot of research. If you like shapes and such, you probably would have done well in geometry. I found it to be very intuitive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fun to research ancestors I mean to do it but never make time

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fabulous picture of Charles and you had a good find with the purse and wallet! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the kitchen theme quilt very much. I liked Geometry at school.
    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a good price for a purse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy working with ancestry. Great thrift store purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely purse and wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love family histories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to start going to thrift stores! Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Family histories are fascinating
    I quilt but lately I’ve been doing simple patterns once the quilt shop can open again I might try a sampler quilt. As we are heading into summer though I I’ll have to wait until the cooler weather hopefully I’ll be able to go into the garden and get that organised first
    Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...