Saturday, October 09, 2021

Today Is Saturday October 10 2021, This Is What Happen

 

Last few posting for my blog. The type and photo isn't what I want. Maybe before end of month I will have it figure out. Got my Samhain altar set up for 2021. I will be honoring both hubby and my paternal great grand fathers. There given name is Charles, Theodore, Duane, Edwin, Adam and George. Edwin wife died shortly after given birth. She and Edwin were deaf and gave the twins up for adoption. So actual I know something about both Edwin line and the family who adopted my grandmother, her adopted dad name was Theodore. The black candle represent banish, soon vail between this world and those who gone before. It basic to keep not nice things coming though. Each of the great grand dad I gave them a candle with a prayer. 

One thing I practice is safety, when comes to my burning candles. There on solid base. I will light the prayer candle when sun go down on Halloween, or Samhain. 


 There people who uses photo of their ancestors. I have photos of some of great grand fathers. And there in trunk, in a mess. But some of the great grand father I don't have photos of. So I have the info of when they were born. Each of zodiac sign (Sun sign) is line up with major arcana of tarot. So each one of great grand father is being honor by one of the major arcana. 

During the month I plan to share some trivia of the great grand father and other Samhain stuff.

I had hope to go to the local quilt show, since I have the yukies. I didn't go. No need to spread it around. I feel that would be inconsiderate. So our local quilt club has a facebook group page. I ask nicely if some could share there pictures. I will share some of local quilts here on my blog. We have some talent quilters.
The only thing we mange to do is take trash up to dump. Had plan to take a few items out of the barn that needs to be haul off to dump. I only got one of the items, because it was easy to grab. The other few things were buried about. Like I said I got yukies and my energy level is dropped a bit. So some other time they will be haul off. We haul five cans of trash, and forgot to dump one. Went out and started to pick up the summer outdoor décor. Got whirl things put up. Like I said earlier my energy is down. It been down lower even. Maybe later on I can get my solar lights put up. But no real rush. I might even chance to do it before rain comes in tomorrow.
One other thing I attempt to do is put photos from my lap top on a thumb drive. It been ages since I done that I need google "How to put photos on thumb drive" for a review. I know understand when we were in school how things were drilled in our heads.

Coffee is on and stay safe

9 comments:

  1. Your alter is very pretty and I hope you're feeling much better super soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think our short term memories malfunction sometimes as we age. I have to read a recipe several times as I go along where I used to keep it all in my mind. I hope you feel better soon. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Altar.
    do you already have the photos on your computer? Open that folder, Then plug in your thumb drive and when it says "this folder is empty" minimise that window, hgighlight the photos you want to transfer, hold the cursor on the photo, right click on your mouse, then from the pop up menu select "send to" and from that mini pop up select the thumb drive and the photos should transfer. I can do a post with these instructions and pictures if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you’re not feeling well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Altar. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely alter. Hopefully you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your altar is lovely, a great way to remember. Hope you soon feel better! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting post Dora. This is the first time I am reading about Samhain so I will be goggling the next few days to learn more. The altar is serene and the pictures and the cloth covering are peaceful in mauve colour. I especially like the feather you put there. Good job

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...