Thursday, August 12, 2021

Today Is Thursday Thursday August 12 2021, This is What Happen

 


It wasn't a go. This posting was going to be my last serious of fabric video, of this batch of fabrics. I thought the clip load up to my lap top. For some reason we lost internet connect yesterday evening. And I delete in off my card. So I will share four fabrics though out my postings.


I thought this STAT PAGE would sort of explain as I express why I'm a bitter person. As many of you know I'm counting down to retirement. Actual I can retire at 62 and I would take a big cut. I went over to one of social security benefit calculator. This is rough average. One don't know what life game could be. If nothing changes in my work history. This what my retirement might look like. If I retire at 62 my old age retirement check would be about $788, and than at 64 my check would be around $956. But 70 I would get about $1834. Well I want to do things as I still can. So for 6 years between ages of 64 and 74 I will be drawing $68,832 during those years. 


I had opportunity though out my life. That I either pass or mess up. Now as I come close to retirement. Hubby and I will be living our retirement in POVERTY, although I use term "Low Income" Not sure if this link will take you to STATE AND COUNTY POVERTY RATE But state (Idaho) wide 14.5% lives in poverty and our county(Boundary, on map is top one on map) is at 18.3%.  We have lot of people coming in from the west coast, who had union scale wages and larger pension. For local here it makes it difficult for those who work in local area. So hubby and I could of leave and had better paying job. Than the other thing happen I bought was a ceramic shop, and usual it just paid the over head and didn't put much of anything in pocket. I can say it add to my social security. And before my two sons went to school. I stay home and which was good. But on weekend hubby was home and he was laid off during the winter. I could of got a lease part time job. But no we want to go and have a good time. Oh I could of went to public college and a lease had bachelor degree. I'm working on seeing my blessings and such. And sure they was mistake and then there was things out of our control, we had large medical bill. And was turn into a collection agency.  Hubby move from one job to job so his wages wasn't every garnish. And couldn't have any type of bank account. This was before direct deposit. So when pay check was cash, you took cash not deposit it. Looking back we should of file bankrupt.  Plus I never knew I could of  sign up for W.I.C and it would of covered us. The bill got paid when I got my inheritance. So I keep telling me the past is past. And sure I learn from my mistake. I'm very aware of past mistake. Like the ceramic shop. I wouldn't  rent a building for my ceramic shop. It would be best to have studio in my basement and actual than my percentage of profit would be more. Well enough on my bitterness. Statement and Confession...I don't like be bitter. 


Just don't see me moving in future, or the near future. As I post I done plenty of gripping about North Idaho. Confession time...I'm pretty much odd duck in my community. Lot people thought and such is pretty much entrench. Anything like coloring out of lines, coloring let say trees other than green or fall colors. It just not right. Once in while you will see  something interesting. There culture here is pretty much mud bog, demolition derby, lawn mower races. Confession time...I have to say I sort enjoy the lawn mower races. Rodeo events, and we do have PEARL THEATER and I been to a few things before covid. Right now our local fair is going on. I have my vaccine and I won't go. Not quite 26% has been fully vaccinated here. I have to say it would be unusual to see something like painting of pink tree. Regis one year made a shrunken head using liquid latex, and it was the only one. Plus no other thing close was entered. I doubt they would be any abstract or surrealism art will be entered. I did enter a surrealism painting in 2019 and they was four enter. I got red ribbon second place. I guess best way wrap it around my community. Rarely the boundaries are pushed. Being the odd duck when comes to political, spiritual, thoughts. And culture. Our community is very friendly. I know if I was down and out people from my community would help out. Beautiful view, and we all sort of seasons here. Super low humidity.  And no local poison snake or insect. Few plants here is poison. 


First day using the electronic time clock for work. It didn't go well. They figure they would be a learning curve. Smoke from wildfires have socked in our valley with smoke.

Coffee is on and stay safe

14 comments:

  1. Ah, the roads not chosen. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have made mistakes or poor choices in the past, for myself I wish I had worked longer and saved money before the children were born. But I didn't and that's in the past. We managed, just like you also managed. I would say that now at least you own your own home and have enough yard space to grow some fruit and vegetables. You could plant a fruit tree or two, apples maybe.
    I do wonder if a ceramic business might end up costing you more in goods than you would make in profits, you would need to buy the clay, the dyes, again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much difference in social laws between your State and my country that I can't really understand. We all have a pension because the amount is deducted directly from the gross salary. If on top of that you have a private insurance then you can lead a comfortable life !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:20 AM

    All very interesting. You are wearing your heart on your sleeve. We are financially comfortably ok in our retirement but after a life time of being very cautious with money, we don't know how to spend now. As long as you own your home, have it set up nicely to suit yourselves and some reserve for when things go wrong, living as a retired person doesn't cost much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have come through some difficult times, Dora. Most Canadians know nothing of medical bills. I can only imagine how they can devastate your life financially when you are most vulnerable and for a long time after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...losing your internet connection is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Retirement isn't easy but it is doable, you'll find a way to make it work. I hope the internet comes back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We learn from mistakes and move on. Count your blessings many don't inherit a house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all make mistakes and have regrets but we all learn along the way. Hope the internet will not give problem again. I thank God I have my pension to provide for our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really sew but I have a great machine in the craft room....need to do some. That was my moms thing. I am making stuffed, hand sewn pumpkins so I went out looking for material the other day.. I went to Goodwill and got some nice stuff for a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not nice when your internet goes down.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can’t look back and judge yourself. Your not that person now and you have the benefits of hindsight
    Look forward and start to plan instead. Once you finish work you can grow more food and shop at second hand shops for bargains. Make then into quilts and maybe sell a few to make a little money for emergencies
    I’m sure you will be ok. Our medical system is different to yours but it’s slowly being eroded and I fear we will end up with one like you have
    We are fighting to prevent that from happening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's a saying 'wisdom comes with age' so looking back and regretting is no good for me either :) We are lucky in the UK to have our NHS health service so we pay in our wages and there is no bill at the hospital. I hope your scan was reassuring. when you retire it will be different, you won't have the same costs as you will be home (no fuel/clothes needed for work, more time to cook and grow your own food) I try to enjoy each day I am in and not look ahead too much, could get knocked down by a bus tomorrow see. stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't have many choices in life, was put in mental system when young, all that, abused more in that, yada yada yada, so anyhow, been poor all my life and will be til I die. I can't afford even one night in a motel somewhere, so if I go somewhere I sleep in my car. I do wish better for others though, especially the likes of you who have worked so hard all your life.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...