Saturday, April 03, 2021

Today Is Saturday April 3 2021, This Is What Happen

 

My son became quite the farmer, or real life gardener. When he was younger he thought gardening was basically for the birds. I'm looking so forward getting spend more time in the dirt and such. His composting area is a lot more then mind. Only thing we might do is toss a few things into the garden. I would love to do some composting. 


 He got several type of garlic growing. Both Murphy and I like garlic. I honestly don't know what size is reasonable for us in gardening. The one we had past was much to large. I've always liked garden in box, although hubby wasn't a fan of them. If I had my way completely and I know that isn't going to be happening any time in near of far future.  I would divided garden into thirds, and plant the very back into trees, since we have raspberry bushes there. 5 fruit tree could nicely fit. The mid part for berries, and upper part for vegetables.


My son made his strawberry growing area out of old milk crates. I'm pretty impress with them.

We went over to Ashland earlier today. Got some family photo in there park. Even people walking though the park Got some family photo, of my oldest. I would like to get a family photo in next three years of complete family and grandchildren. It hard to get everyone together.

Been active there, sort of revamp my routine. But I believe I'm doing the same. Usual on odd days I'm walking and even days I'm exercising. So I cut my exercise routine down in half and get quite a few steps in, down here in Oregon 

15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you’re having a great trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardening can be rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the strawberries in milk crates idea, I will tell my daughter about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. strawberry crates are a brilliant idea, I would like to try that. I love gardening - even if you just do one raised bed (box) it would be rewarding - we put lettuce and things in small pots on trays on the garden table and cut and eat for salad during the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:14 AM

    It can be very hard to get the whole family together for photos. Sometimes you have to plan a lot. It sounds like you are enjoying your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried indoor grow-light hydroponics for veggies, and container gardening, and box gardens. This spring it's box gardens and a new technique called "wicking container" gardening. (Look up Wicking Container Gardening with Leon").
    Leon is an 80 yr old Country Boy on Oklahoma on YouTube.
    My wicking tomatoes are doing WAAY better than my box garden tomatoes. And only need to water once a week in summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son sounds like a great gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a brilliant way to grow strawberries. I might mimic that. He's got the turnable composter, that's nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The strawberry growing area looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an expert!!
    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's very clever with the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your son is quite industrious. Sounds like you're having a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are milk crates? Clever idea - we don´t have anything like that. I mean... like really, you cannot buy that here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to sit in a nice yard (garden) but I have no green thumb and hate to work in the garden ! Am I happy to have moved and live on the 3rd floor looking down on the gardeners keeping the lawn ans shrubs to perfection !

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow. great idea. love to read your post.
    Would you like to follow each other? If the answer is yes, please follow me on my blog & I'll follow you back. thank you.

    http://www.rosetinz.com

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...