Saturday, April 24, 2021

Today Is Saturday April 24 2021, This Is What Happen

 After last few weeks of work I been so stress out. So thankful I have the entire weekend off. I'm even wonder if I can even make though the year of 2023. It only two years and maybe when I call first part 2023 they will find my replacement. There some kind of law or rule. Not  sure if it actually written out or not. But if you walk out on client you need to call agency and tell them you walked out, within in 24 hours. Or one could get blame for abandonment. But the client can change their mind and have new agency and or helper at drop of a hat. This is my count down plan to retire...January 2, 2023 I am calling the company and say I'm planning to retire this year. So start looking for my replacement. Knowing what usual happen. The company will say "We will start looking" and I will say "ok, I'm cutting my hours from 32 hours a week down to 24 hours coming first of April" But I will call them the end of March to remind them. End of June it will be basicly same conversation and I will let them know I'm cutting back 16 hours a week. So about this time I figure they might start getting my replacement and my guess some might have a little trouble with Regis, since he is likeable odd duck. His decor in his place is totally "gothic with all sort of super hero and villian models. But let me finish so for the months of July, August, and September I will be doing only 12 hours. And then last 3 months of year it will be down to 8 hours a week. And at end of September I will tell them my last day on job is Friday December 29 2023. I know I would get more if I wait. But I want to do things I want to have a chance to be more involved with culture events. 

There not many culture events here in the Bonners Ferry events unless you want to go to John Birch rally and or some church sponsering End times. But we do have an artist and quilting club in our area. Plus the local musuem. I'm sure I can be more involved with them. I figure up to 4 times a year I can drive to say Spokane  a little two hour drive and take in some type of culture event. My main gripe in this area, I would like more culture that is offered here. But with covid and it's variance I can see why there cautious about holding any type of events.

"New Dawn" is a new day. And every minute we are a live we can make the world a better place. I been working on my attidude and I know even before this hour is over I can make things better. I could still be working for Doc and or Donna. They both pretty much treat there help as someone beneath them, and played all sort of manipulating games. To get more time and we don't get paid for overtime. I believe this week I will have something to share more postive up coming week. Got some yellows fabric cut in strip and look like I might be moving forward on stash buster quilt.

Coffee is on and stay safe


14 comments:

  1. 2023 does indeed feel far away! These days, I take every day as it comes. And remember the John Lennon line: "Life is what happens when we're busy making other plans"! ;b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to let them know and cut your hours gradually. When they find your replacement will you have to go with the person the first time to help your clients get introduced and say this is your new carer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musuem sounds interesting place to spend some time. Cutting hours gradually is a good way to bow out slowly and gracefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:04 AM

    I think it is fair that you have to notify the agency if you walk away from a client because of their behaviour. I think you gradual retirement plan is good, but agency might just say when you first tell them of your reduction of working hours, 'You may as well finish up now Dora and we will get a replacement for all the hours you work'. Take care, and I never thought I would reach retirement, but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    I was thinking as Andrew said - would you be prepared (or even welcome) if the agency said okay finish at the end of the current shift week or some such? I do know that the longest part of any journey is the last ten miles... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you say you quit six moths in advance and that´s about it.
    Your way sounds better a slow good-bye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My retirement count down is still 6+ years off, but I almost feel I'm planning now as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Doc and Donna"?.....what?, huh? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does seem like 2023 is a long ways off but it will be here before you know it so it's good to plan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2023 will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys still have the John Birch Society?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spend a lot of time dreaming of retirement and I have 9.5 years left!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes work is hard. I hope you're able to get through it.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...