Thursday, June 11, 2020

Today Is Thursday June 11 2020, This Is What Happen


Had, and you read that right "had" every intention to go out to reserve to do a walk. But went into GROCERY OUTLET and I don't know my way around there. I got half pint of raspberries for my lunch, paid $1.99
I picked up Liz beer there and it was one of lower prices. She drinks ice house. They have friendly staff and sure they didn't have all what I was looking for.
It bothers me when a store don't have a plexy glass between the custmer and clerk. None of worker had mask either. Far as I can see I was the only one in store with a mask.
Plus the cashier ask me for ID. Gee the mask help hide my age. I think last time I can recall about someone asking me about my ID, I was about 34 years old.

I did mange to get a walk in. Part at the Luthern church and took photos of flowers.

Today I went with Regis to speech. And we were discussing about having Confederate  statue remove. 
I don't they think they need to be destory. Not saying they need to be in town square either.
Statement time...I have an issue when people want to whitewash things. It doesn't bring or solve any issues. So history keep repeating it self.

I am having trouble with one of the pages I am doing for the sketch book project library of 40's. I can find plenty of world war 2 photo, combat and such. But there more then the war.
They were the Japanese Internment camp and the start of cold war.

Keep my calorie inline today. Could of been a little lighter on the sugar, although yesterday was a fun wild ride.

Coffee is on


11 comments:

  1. The flowers are very pretty. I don't agree with removing and destroying statues, I think they should be left with new signage put up stating who they are and what they did, including anything about slavery. it's all part of history and needs to be remembered, while also knowing that it shouldn't be allowed to happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers! The statues have historical context.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it "always" makes me smile when I get asked for ID due to age - not that it happens that often anymore!
    You cannot white wash or wipe out history and you should not, I agree.
    No repeating of the dumb stuff, we need reminders here and there.
    Beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo on being carded!!! The older I get, the happier I am to be carded! Lol

    Good job for keeping your calories in check!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:35 AM

    I agree with you. We should preserve our history, in museums perhaps with appropriate references.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The statues belong in a museum, not in the town square.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are very pretty flowers. We remember when history was okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Grocery Outlet. You have to take your time in there and look at everything, because they have some great things that you might not notice otherwise. Their stock always changes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your flower photos! I too agree.... no art should be destroyed.... the statues are art, and they should IMO go into a museum to SHOW the horrid ideas about slavery and racism.... so that they can be used to learn about the horror of it.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely flowers blooming, spring time I guess. We can't get raspberries here, only blue berries and they very expensive so we only have them on cakes with strawberries on special occasions. Yep, statues should not be destroyed, they are reflections of history and children can be taught the rights and wrongs of of the past. Destroying history doesn't teach them anything

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...