Sunday, April 26, 2020



First chore hubby and I did was reinforce the rafters in shed. Liz gave me a pile of cedar boards. So the project was pretty much on the free side.

We talk about building a bat house out the cedar boards.
I am hoping to get up to one of the hardware stores this week, to purchase a hummingbird feeder.
There a few solar lights to be put up. But I need to get something to stake into the ground.

Trying to figure out what is possible for me to this up coming week. I know there work. And I have a few ideals what I would like to get done. But what is feasible is the question.
I can see where a bullet journal is helpful. I use to write a list what I want to accomplish and it would seem much easier with a bullet journal, compare to a little piece of paper, Floating about.
Then also when it was written down I seem to get more done. And had no lap tap or devices to pull me away.

The last two weeks my average calorie intake has 1,925, and I pretty much stayed at same weight range.
So I think I need to drop my calorie intake by 10%, rounding it to nears 10th.
So I am going to try to drop my calorie intake to 1,730
These nutrition I seem to be low in vitamin d, vitamin C, and potassium, which I am not making 50% of RDA. There other I am slightly low on.
Then there is 5 I tend be over 150% of RDA which are iron, niacin, phosphorus, selenium, and Sodium.
I am using fit day an on line food tracker. How would they know my sodium intake, If I use a salt shaker or not. I am not a big fan of salt.
Then comes to vitamin d how can they figure how much I been outdoor soaking up sun. I live fairly north and we don't get much sun.
First day of summer we have over 14 hours of sunlight. Then the first day of winter we have not quite 8 hours of sunlight.
It look like I miss a few days of keeping track of things.
But they have mood tracker and one of them is stress. Not sure what it is. But lot of people made the statement I am cool as cucumber. Lot of time I think I am basket case.
Last two weeks mostly I felt calm, but there 2 days of each I felt neutral and stressed.
I did take a walk half the distance. My hip is still giving me some trouble, although much better.

I been doing a little family history. I been recording info on my mom siblings. She one of 12 and there 3 left.

I did get some more quilt blocks done. Looks like there enough strips cut for 3 more blocks and after that they will need to be pressed out and trim all same.

13 comments:

  1. So glad your hip is improving. The quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy your hip is more comfortable. Sodium is not only from salt, many foods contain sodium naturally, like celery, which also has potassium, a necessary partner to the sodium.
    Small amounts of Vitamin D are found in milk, egg yolks and butter, I know you can't have milk and cream, but maybe you can still have a little butter? And you should be able to eat yoghurt. Other sources of Vitamin D are oily fish, such as tuna, salmon, sardines and herrings. If you can include one of these in your leafy green salad, or alongside, that should help.
    My health book says a long-term lack of Vitamin D can cause aches and pains in the bones, so it might be a good idea to just sit outside for a few minutes between chores and get a little extra sun whenever you can. You could also take cod liver oil tablets which will help.
    The quilt blocks are lovely, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, it looks like it will be a very cheerful one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great you get better and River sure has some advice at hand!
    Nice quilts, sadly nothing we have here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Yes, go River! Loving your blocks... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful pieces :)
    You mentioned on my post that you never seen Fallow deer. That is because they are European deer´s :) Your white tail is a beautiy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The food tracker only measures the nutritional information of your food. It doesn’t know I& you’ve added additional salt, it’s only recording the amount of sodium known to be in the food.

    I hav3 to take vitamin D supplements. The dr. Says I’m not getting enough naturally and a blood test showed my levels are low.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the pretty squares. It's all very colorful and will make a lovely quilt. I don't try to reduce calories as much as I try to increase activity. I rarely cook enough for anyone to have a 2nd helping so that's a bit of quantity control I guess. Got a good walk in today, as the sun actually came out. We've had so many cold and wet days, I don't walk on those days, but then try to do my work out's with Alexa (The google echo dot). They have exercises in the skills section. I found that out by mistake, but find it really helpful.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to find your blog. I've been holding my own with eating, but went overboard over the weekend. I'm back to more sensible eating today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woohoo. Here's to the improvements on the hip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep a to do list on a clipboard that I check daily. But, for me, writing it down doesn't help me get it done. Sometimes. But usually I just carry everything over to the next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those quilt blocks sure are bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pleased your hip is a little better.
    I do like your colourful quilt blocks.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...