Sunday, January 12, 2020

Today Is Sunday January 12 2020, This Is What Happen

Wasn't sure if I was going to post or not. We lost power for about an hour and half. I live off grid for a bit. I was much younger. With living off grid one to get a work out and I had less flab.
Since power went out and hasn't ready for it and note a few things we need to get.
Let see triple "A" batteries, head band flash light, and some solid base candles. With no scent candles
Then we tried had build a fire in wood stove in basement and which hasn't been use since about year ago.
Our main heat is natural gas. Wood is back up. The chimney had snow in it. So we had to get out latter and hubby went up on roof. I held the latter and was going to be gopher if anything was to be needed.
After the snow was remove from chimney it could draft properly

I have plenty of U.F.P and bet some of you are thinking. "Don't she mean U.F.O" no I mean U.F.P Unidentified Project.
Well I finished up a crochet dish cloth. I have no ideal when I even started.

Work a little bit on organizing my fabrics. Wish it was going at a faster rate, it going.
Since we didn't have power I decided to work on binding on a lap quilt I started, which I think was two or three years ago.
Well strongly leaning toward getting a binder foot.

Since on subject of creativity and thought giving a shout out for my daughter in law business, WOOF WEAR AND COMPANY and just recently they came with Valentine line for the fur babies.
My hubby Grandma mother when she made her chicken noodle soup, she use chicken feet for flavoring for the broth.
It pretty basic boil the chicken feet for a few minutes and cool them off, cut the nails off and if anything don't look right.
Simmer them pot of water with bay leaf and thyme for four hours. Also was add some veggies for flavoring. Strain and drain you toss out chicken feet and what every else and save the broth. Add some regular cooked chicken, veggie and noodles. I made the noodles.

Work day tomorrow not sure when I will leave it depends on how much snow is dumb. 

16 comments:

  1. Again no power, how can that be?
    Love U.F.P!
    But chicken feet...huhhhh... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how you might survive without power in those cold temperatures you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken soup looks delicious. I use a chicken carcass from the butcher, they sell them cheap after they have cut off the sections they will sell, such as chicken breast, or thighs, or drumsticks and wings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    I once (and once only!) experienced eating chook feet... in the days when I was experimenting eating some flesh product (not that that lasted long and it may have had something to do with those feet)... it was at a Chinese dim sim brunch. I do remember the vege spring rolls and red bean buns very fondly.
    YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soup looks good, but chicken feet? No, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to have a small, portable propane heater with a couple jugs of propane. No electricity needed for most portable propane heaters. Alot of sales on heaters online nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chicken feet broth is a good idea no waste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chicken feet use for broth is a great idea. We put together an emergency kit with flashlights, batteries, candles ect for when the power goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a generator that kicks on automatically if the power goes out so we're always comfy and cozy. Chicken feet are pretty flavorful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Power outages suck. Glad to hear the power is back up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Dora! You had me right up to those chicken feet. Nope. Nope. Nope. - UFP's I'm with you on all the way. I've been decrapifying and coming across all kinds of things to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We had a storm here this weekend too and were worried about losing power, but it stayed on!
    No chicken feet for me! :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. My late mum and her mother used to put the chicken feet on to boil for soup, they never wasted any part of an animal, so different today.
    Not good with no power makes us appreciate it when it returns.
    Good the fire got going would be a bit cold without it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mother always used the chicken feet and the fish head in the soup, maybe that's why she soup was always so tasty!
    Thank you for the coffee ☕ !

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...