Monday, January 06, 2020

Today Is Monday January 6, This Is What Happen

First true Monday that will be complete work week. I like some to routine and my ducks in roll. Yes I under stand that there always that one duck that flutters out of group.

Took about 15 minute break and went and check out what I thought was our local quilt guild. Lot of ladies where member's.
These ladies where working on quilts for QUILTS BEYOND BORDERS we have a chapter here in my home area.
But I would like to be involved in a guild. I need help with mitered corners on my quilts. Although it only sound like the guild really doesn't have a time that they get together and sew.
But couple of ladies said I would be welcome to there church.
The Catholic and Baptist here get together and quilt together. And ask if I had to be a member of there church. One lady said she a Lutheran. But I got a number from one lady who bought an old grade school and I under stand on Thursday they get together and sew. I gave the number a call and left a message.
I wish I paid more attention to when the Catholic and Baptist get together, they would be a lot closer.
But if I need more info the quilting guild meets first Monday of the month at the extension office.

I keep dreaming what I will do when I retire. At this point I will retire sometime between Feb of 2065 and May 2065.
On my 63 birthday I want to see about my BENEFITS from my husband social security. And see what the rules are about me still working and building up mine.
I was stay at home mother when the boys were young and I have a lot of blank years.
I want to be an active retire person, as for my retirement I sure ain't going to jet around the world. But there sure I can be active and enjoy my life.
In a few weeks I can be part of our local senior center. Well the few times I been there they seem to cranky ole things.
I want to go hiking, biking, play games cards and board games, also be involved in different crafts, and most of all learn new things.

Weigh in morning and I need to be under 200 pound range. Our weigh lost group is going up and have a little brunch together.
I feel like I did ok this week. Only a little trouble this afternoon I start to pig out on cookies and pulled my self together. I was stress eating.
Stress eating isn't plan.

Coffee is on

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:50 PM

    2065 Dora? You will be dead and so it won't be worth paying you very much to work if you are dead. Perhaps 2025.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plans for retirement sure are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be scared to go to a meeting in a church, I'd keep expecting to be hit with a lightning bolt and reduced to ash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I hope you have the year wrong for retiring, 2065 is way too far away. I retired after working 40 years and I love it. Being active is good for any age, especially for seniors. Good luck with your weight loss. Enjoy your day, have a happy week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I retired at 66. When I applied for social security they advised me that I should collect my husband's because his was more money and that I should allow mine to sit until I hit 70 so it would continue building money. I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And wishing you good health when you retire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am retiring the end of April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, you gonna work 65 more years, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can retire with full benefits in the fall of 2025, I think. But I’ll probably keep working until 2030.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's the key to a happy, healthy, retirement...to stay active. Both in mind and body!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Dora, and thank you for dropping by my blog! I'm also thinking about retirement now (I'm 52), and aiming for 2030! Only one more decade! We have a seniors' centre here and they do all kinds of interesting things, classes and such.

    I like your Edgar Allan Poe quote - I have a bracelet with that on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have you looked at Meetup.com in your area? Perhaps they have a quilting group.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I planned on being more active after retirement, but that didn't happen. Not yet anyway. But while the body has slowed right down, my keypad finger gets a pretty good workout on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...