Sunday, November 24, 2019

Today Is Sunday November 24, This What Happen.

Yesterday I was visit one my regular blog, High Riser and one of his recent post, SUNDAY SELECTION and when he brought up the faith of JEHOVAH WITNESS
Today is day I am going to share my experience of JW, and no I never been one or even came close.
In high school I did visit one of there mid week service. Not sure what actual called it. But I will call it "Testimony Wednesday" not even real sure what day it was.
As we sat in the service. The people were pretty much confessing there sin or short comings. And the ending of everyone was "If it wasn't for lord I would________________.
I was ask if I want or need to give a testimony. I was even polite then. A simple no thank you. What I gave.
Shortly after wards she moved in with a guy and was kicked out of JW religion
Then when they coming banging on your door. If I see them coming up. I grab a small note book and pen.
And no other faith I know of ask about your relationship with Christ, as they do. Before it goes any farther. As I am handing them the note book and pen. I ask them for there name and address so I can come to there door step and preach to them on "Paganism". So far I haven't yet got and address. Confession time...I wouldn't real know what I would of done, if I got one there address.
There been a few time I seen them out public with a nice display of there literature. One day my hubby and I was driving though NEW PORT WASHINGTON and one of them and a female was on street corner, and I was going to give my hubby a ten dollar bill. And I want him to approach her as if she was a hooker.
I wouldn't get him to do it. I just want to see the look on her face.

This Is a good enough time to briefly mention of my retirement goal. It been a while and I mean a while since I mention any thing about my ceramics.
Well after I retire I would like to put in a small studio in my basement and have it open to some what the public, part time
But in all honestly I am in no shape to handle much the molds. I try to look up my larger mold weight and I guess I would have to guess around 30 pounds and that not with clay or slip in it.
I some time struggle when caring larger cat feed bags around.
Simple I let my self get out of shape.
See I been a part of weight lost support system, and I have develop better health habits. But being constant can be anther matter.
I get tired of keeping track of things when it comes to my health.
I lost 20 pounds in 18 months. Haven't lost any more then that. My 2019 goal was to loose .75 pounds a week. 3 pounds of month. My year of end goals was to be down 30 pounds.
Am I giving up? "No"
This afternoon we went and visit with Quenella. She gave me three of her advent calendar that her children had.
This one I am sending down to Medford to my middle grand daughter. I bought three advent calendar with milk chocolate for each of them.
Plus I am tossing in my finely ground coffee for my Turkish coffee I can have when down there for Christmas.

Coffee is on

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 PM

    Such a funny story about you answering the door with your notebook and pen. Trying to get your husband to give one $10 for a service is good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Jehovah's Witnesses don't go door to door in my neighborhood. My ready answer.,if they show up, is to point to the mezuzah on my door and politely say goodbye.

    I see them at my train station and in the NYC subway stations. They have their reading materials and etc. They great everyone politely but they don't ask about your religion unless you initiate the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're not giving up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps you could still do ceramics, but make smaller things where you can easily handle the molds even with clay in them. It's good you're not giving up on losing weight. I'm going to try harder too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I close my door when those Jehovah witnesses knock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We admire everyone with artsy talent since we don't have any here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...there is a religious belief out there for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dora :) That is hilarious about the "hooker" comment hee hee...I am tolerant of most religions - the ones that don't promote hate that is - but the JW can be very pushy. I'm a pagan myself and I would like to use your method and ask them for their address too! I think that could scare them away a little! :) Weight loss is such a hard journey. I did it. I lost 97 pounds from 2007-2010. I couldn't give up my favourite foods and I still drank wine, but I really put in the exercise to make up for it. It was the only thing that worked for me. I have since gained about 20 back, but that's okay, more of me to love lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They don't stop here. That I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, that is a great way to get rid of them. I think I would threaten them with Satanism as I'm not an adherent of any religion.

    I had a friend in high school who was a JW. It never came up in conversation. I think we knew she didn't celebrate holidays, but that was about it.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, May 19, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I usually walk in the morning, before 8. This time, I went around 11:30. Most of the time, once I finish walking or exercising, my so-called...