Monday, November 11, 2019

Today Is Monday November 11, This What Happen

Not a big choice. I figure I would share the quilt exhibits they had at MAC it wasn't all that big. But they had some interesting displays.

The quilts now days are usual quite expensive to make. If you purchase decent quality fabrics. Now most quilts are made from cotton.
Not saying people didn't purchase fabrics for quilts, those who did had the discretionary income. Usual most quilts came from in today term would be upcycling and recycle.
But also quilts should tell a story. By adding all sort of embellishment. Anther word these quilts might be known as crazy quilts.
This quilt here is a new version of a so called crazy quilt. This one has all sort of pocket like things to contain items in.
The first photo above is some toy cars and the one just below, looks like bungee cord. And what I would called secret little hidden department though out the quilt.
This is full look of the newer version of a crazy quilt. Sorry the photo isn't what I was hoping for.


Hubby notice the sky was had a strong pinkish tint. Most of leaves are pretty much gone. The big popular tree in front is still slowly using it leaves.
Did get take a walk. My goal was to walk up to the third power line pole. End of road and on to the next one is two power line pole. I really didn't want to walk up to the next one. But I did.

I keep track of all eat. One thing I had today for lunch was tuna fish sandwich, and I add a chop up radish, green, and dill pickle.

I like to thank all fine people who is serving now and in past. Happy Veteran day.


12 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:47 PM

    The sky and the ground look very pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the sky looks really great!
    Hope you had a tad more to eat than the picture shows ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts, hope you enjoyed your tuna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari Om
    My sister is into quilting and this is the sort of thing she likes to come up with! We had a couple of pink skies recently too - something to do with the cooling weather? YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice quilts. It's great to see them in displays like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those quilts and the sky is beautiful. I am thankful all of our servicemen/women.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that crazy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like quilts, even crazy quilts, but I don't like pockets with small things sewn into them. It might mean the quilt can't be washed without first having to open each pocket and remove the items then sew it back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts Dora, such a lot of work in them. Well done on the walking, a little bit more each time is the way to go ✨

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those quilts look lovely.
    Well done on your walk.
    Isn't Tuna great and usually very reasonably priced :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today is Tuesday, March 7, 2024: This Is What Happened.

Yesterday, May 6, 2024. I posted about a guy who lived constitutionally. And I posted about him carrying a gun into a store. You can read my...