Friday, August 30, 2019

Shortly Before.


Start back with fitday and I'm starting to think about using FITNESS PAL My main complaint about fitday is there lack of foods. But I feel they might have a more complete cover of minerals and vitamins.
Loose weight is important but it also important to do it in health way.

Went though the button shelf of the pantry in basement and found five items to take the thrift store.
The items that are going this trip is.
  1. Cake mold of Christmas tree
  2. Cake mold of Snowman
  3. 2 cookie sheet
  4. small serving platter.
Now let do the math. I was left with 62 items and now I'm down to 57 to go.

Regis and I went down to have a beer at CROSSTIME SALON he and I split a beer.
Our pagan group will be gathering there a week from Saturday, more of planning meeting for Mabon. And also I reserve the county extension building behind our court house for last Sunday in September.

Almost got it together a paint holder for my acrylics. For some reason I am struggling putting last piece on.
Made this in Fab Lab at our local library. My paints and have plenty of them is under one of the beds. Thought if they were handier I would use them. Sort of like out of sight out of mind.

Since I been going though and trying to find 80 items to take to the thrift store, and I been taking it to the local Animal shelter. Known as SECOND CHANCE
As post above I still have 57 piece to go.

When I was in school they had HOME ECONOMICS in school and in sewing part of it, we learn to wash our fabrics. Now I hear you don't.

So Being of old school I still wash my fabrics and the resent ones haven't been washed. The other reason I wash my fabrics mostly the one from the thrift store they seem to use heavy fragrant laundry detergents.

To get the smell I usual use white vinegar, and baking soda.
I been watching a few you tube video on history of quilting. To me a quilt should tell story.

Coffee is on

8 comments:

  1. We have a maker lab at the central library a block away from where I work. An electrical engineer coworker. Now you are doing it, I am going to have to up my game and figure out something to make at the maker lab.
    I'm intrigued by your pagan activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing weight is a constant struggle for me, too. I've been using the Fitness Pal together with Fitbit and it's a great way to keep track of things. Wishing you much success!

    Thanks for the vinegar and baking soda tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember one quilt my mother had long ago, with embroidered names of family members on each block. Now, I gotta ask...what is a button shelf? I've never heard of one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are busy.

    All this talk about fabric and sewing ... my home economics teacher had to finish my sewing project for me. I don’t think I e touched a sewing machine since then.

    I do prefer My Fitness Pal, they have the best database.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should donate to the thrift store like you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with Fitday, but the food listed on fitness pal are quite good. I've used them, then get tired and stopped logging food. Then I start again use Fitbit so everything is in one place, but I think the listings on Fitness Pal are greater. I'm in a no log phase again. I just find it hard. And with the Virtigo am not walking much either and have the scales show it, argh. We were taught to wash our fabrics...back in the day. I don't wash yarn though before I use it, but always launder the item afterwards, much more finished looking. But, if someone donates yarn I do often air it a good long while before using it.
    https://4ccccs.blogspot.com/2019/08/walking-watching-reading-and-of.html

    Sorry about the link not working today, not sure why

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like not washing new clothes after buying them. I have no idea why people do that. I wash everything, especially new fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...