Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Ribbon And Awards

The other day I did posting about our entry in our local FAIR and IRIS asked about ribbons that we get at our local fair.
Our entries or items that entered in fair is judge. And some are worth of an award and ribbons are given according.
blue ribbon...first place
red ribbon...second place
white ribbon...third place/
There could be possible in fair that one would being doing same quality  of work. Regis and my painting end up with the same placing a red ribbon.
And one could be a solo entry and if quality of work isn't as judge believe is to par, one might not receive an award.
Then there those grand champion and reserve champion who did extreme out standing work in there projects.
But I am not sure what exactly best of class and reserve best of class.
I used to show horse and they usual gave out eight placing.
blue ribbon...first place
red ribbon...second place
white ribbon...third place
yellow ribbon...fourth place
green ribbon...fifth place
pink ribbon...sixth place
purple ribbon...seventh place
Maroon ribbon...eighth place.
But just learn grey is for ninth place and light blue is for tenth place.
Then I have compete in a few horse show that used what call the danish system, I have never seen and danish system used in open class of horse show.
I can only give a example of how the danish system work in judging...Let say there 25 horse in class and the judge would put them in usual three levels. So between seven to ten horse would be in each level. This system is used in youth competition to courage to stay with it. And this is quite commonly used in 4H
But I am sure there other way of judging competition and contest. I know once year our community ask the resident to vote on such place best restaurant, thrift store, funnest place to go, and such.
The  TOPS gives out a certificate if any who loose 10 pounds more a year.,
I was slightly wonder the difference between CONTEST AND COMPETITION
There all sort of contest out there in the WORLD
But took a few minute to find find a link to these contest....BLOGVLOGSWRITERS FILM , RECIPESFASHIONART and I am sure there more categories for one to entry in contest.
I was wondering why we are COMPETITIVE
Question time...Have you compete in something in group or by your self? I entered in our local fair not necessarily to win but to be part of our community.
When I was younger I was more competitive but as I got older I'm less competitive.

Coffee is on 





12 comments:

  1. I’ve never been one for competing sports or activities. But my older daughter was on a competitive cheerleading team and younger daughter was on a competitive dance team. Fun but intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really had to compete for a prize or anything, but a group of us at WW decided that it might be an incentive for use to really stick with it and lose weight. Didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enter things, just to enter...never expecting ribbons or awards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not very competitive. I have entered some recipe competitions in magazines and I have placed and had my recipes published.

    ReplyDelete
  5. competing makes me nervous, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't compete that much. I've never entered anything in a state or county fair but I know someone who wins awards almost every year (needlework) at the New York State fair. Which, coincidentally, started today. I need to contact her I know she entered two pieces of work this year. I never knew how any of these ribbon systems work so thank you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't compete in those things at all and have never done. The only thing which I do is playing Scrabble with my little group and there I am happy if I win !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't compete in things, I'm not crafty or sporty. I do fill out entry forms in the backs of puzzle books where there are prizes for the correct answers to some of the puzzles, but I never win anything. Usually there are so many people entering it just isn't worth trying because the prizes aren't all that good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, OK. I´ve never heard of this!
    In school at sports for certain events you get documents like first, second etc, sometimes along with cheapy medals.
    Thank you for the explanation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do think we are competitive by nature Dora but definitely some more than others ✨

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Grace, I do think we are competitive by nature, but definitely some more than others.

    In my younger days I was in various school sports teams, and I still like to watch various sports, especially if they are local teams which the grandchildren are involved with :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many ribbons...

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, April 17, 2024: This Is What Happened

There was very little going on today. I went to the library to get a printout. We don't own a printer, and I'm afraid I would have ...