Friday, December 28, 2018

Media Were and What

Before I start going on about social media and my possible goals for 2019. I did get my basement corner clean out. Still more to in basement and not sure if I'll be doing anther section or not.
At current time or short term goal I will be doing a closet cleaning and down size for January. I will be doing three closet which included the two extra bedroom and the linen closet. But one of closet there some Murphy summer shirts hanging and I want him to go though his shirts and see what's what.
And it would be plain foolish to stop down sizing after January. Just currently can't come up with area to clean.

Confession time...I need to spend less time on facebook. Way to much drama and usual I try to share positive postings.
Not saying I don't hit the negative part of facebook or share. But I believe the world is over 95% positive and kindness.
Some would say I have my head in the sand.
And it the best way of to communicate with my pagan community.  I will take two days a week off from facebook. Like I do on other things in my life.
Statement time...Less time on facebook would be beneficial for one self and I believe Thursday and Friday would be  good days be free days of facebook. And those other five days a week less then one hour per day on face book.
Someone might be asking them self "why don't you just in hell close down your facebook account" One of the reason is my pagan community and there is a part of me that enjoys it, although at time it gets out of hand.

Then I hardly do much with my twitter account. Usual I link a line from one my blog post to twitter. It will pretty much will stay the same. The only think I can say and do...reach out to other twitter maybe once a month.

I enjoy creative things, and nothing in particular. Confession time....I'm extremely picky when comes to abstract art and such.
I have an instgram and it way to share pictures. To me the saying "Picture is worth a 1,000 words" does speak. And also photos can be powerful of speaking.
Look like the last time I post on Instagram was first of December.
I believe my goal for up coming year is to post up to 7 items per week or maybe a little more. Not necessary ever day.

Then the last one is You Tube this one I'm still trying to get more comfortable of doing. Confession time...I have trouble hearing my own voice.
There on you tuber I like to listen and to me her voice is same range as me for tone, and I don't find it irritating.
Maybe her content is fun to watch. Well I will let you decided...GRAVE YARD GIRL and she has anther channel BANANA PEPPERS.
One of other thing I find frustrating is about you tube is there not many BABY BOOMERS on You Tube, and those I found there under garments are just in a bunch.
Sure don't have video editing down. It something I want to learn.
Maybe 2 to 8 videos a month.
You Tube is my newest adventure with social media and once I get a 100 subscribers I will have a give away. At 50 I will announce what I will be giving away.

One little thing about social media I would lightly advertise, as long as it doesn't take a way from the content.
Could be away to add a little jingle to my pocket

My facebook accounts and I do have a personal one and one for my blog...PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE and my BLOG FACEBOOK PAGE. It been a while since I post anything on my CREATIVE PAGE but I do have one.
My TWITTER PAGE
My INSTAGRAM and very last one is YOU TUBE CHANNEL

Question time...What is your favortive social media and why?

Coffee is on


14 comments:

  1. I am on Facebook but not a Facebook fan. I only read the one post concerning my city and these are all members living here. Once a month we get together for a drink and meet life ! Of course not all members because we are over 6000 now.On YouTube I like to watch movies which I can't find on TV or have missed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44 AM

    I am involved in all social media, but I like blogging. I can write what I like, and no one I know reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora, You’re not alone about hearing your own voice. My job includes public speaking, and I’ve had to take classes where the instructor videotaped me ... it was not pleasant, but you get used to it .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    I do not engage in social media - beyond blogging, which doesn't even count in that bracket nowadays. I don't have the time or the energy for it. I am not a particularly social engager in real life either, so the profile is solid! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know you were on other platforms. I freakin' LOVE YouTube and Instagram They are both crazy fun. So is MeWe. I don't do the book of faces but I hear lots of good and bad things about it. Mostly, it's a time suck, they tell me. I dunno, I'm not on there. But I am headed to your other pages now. Cheers, boogie boogie and Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dora! I watched your videos and joined your page but ... you won't see me as a sub because I keep my subs private. But, you will show up in my feed when you post a new video.

      Once you get 100 subs, you'll also be able to customize your youtube address which is fun.

      Delete
  6. I don´t think you head in the sand - and even if!

    FB... helped me a lot with friends on other sides of the world. Time-differences etc do not matter that much.
    And I got very helpful info, too.

    Haha... I was 4 or 5 years old and my parents captured my voice on tape when I sang along whilst doing a puzzle. I never sang again and I hate to hear my voice.
    Without "the bones" the sound goes through it is not my voice, either.

    MY MIL had to explain to me the difference between FB chat and What´s App...!!!

    Blogger is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to keep decluttering you will keep finding things. It is such a process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do social media. Not Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram, nothing at all like that. I have my blog and I read other blogs. For me that's enough. I like to have plenty of time left over for reading books, watching TV and going for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on Facebook, but I'm not active. I check it about once a day to see what my SIL is up to. Everyone else I've muted as they annoy me. Mostly, I may find an article by one of the magazines I follow.

    On Twitter I mostly read and retweet. The best part of Twitter is to have conversations with people. But it can get political fast, so that's mostly why I just read.

    I like to post my knits on Instagram. When I think of it. I check it frequently, but I don't post much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must admit I don't do Facebook or other media.
    Just blogging, which I enjoy :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...