Monday, September 03, 2018

Starting September Not Much Change

This morning I was watching the news and they had interesting or thought it was interesting about our thinking about money.
It one of those taboo subject.
I went over to MONEY DIARIES and thought it was interesting. But they seem pretty much interested in the millennials generation and haven't notice any posting from other generation such as like me a baby boomer. There a few from the greatest generation left and they survive the dust bowl and WWII. Well I won't mention all the generation and those who are born in year of 2000 will be leaving nest soon or all ready have. This generation is part of GENERATION Z. Both of my son are millennials and both hubby and are from baby boom generation.

Just balance out the check book and I do keep a check register, As for my payments I run up to the nearest dollar. If I purchase something for let say $17.75. I will take $18.00 from the account.
But if I make depoist I round down to there nearest dollar. Let use my paycheck and let say it $356.12 when I put in my check book it will only be $356 and leave the cent off.
Currently the bank says I have 2,193.08 and I say I have $1934 in cheaking.

I did my BULLET JOURNAL a little different then I did my last one. My weather chart and finance.

One of my friend and her husband came to visit I knew her since grade school. She brought up beef stroganoff and way to much dairy in it, and I paid the price this morning.
She was a personal care giver, same job I do. She ended up being on disabitly, her check is $1,200 a month.
Saturday and my clients went to the renaissance faire just out side of SANDPOINT and just haven't had a chance to look at photos.

Coffee is on


12 comments:

  1. I keep tabs on my budget too, I use an exercise book like kids use in school, and add in every incoming amount and subtract everything I spend, no rounding up or down. In my purse it's different. I use the notes and small change goes into a different purse, so when I shop I look at the notes and see I only have $xxx and make sure I don't spend it all. Then if I ever don't have any notes left, I count up the small change and usually it's enough to get some groceries because I don't spend any of the coins until I run out of notes. I'm pretty careful and often don't need to use the coins at all, so when I have too many for the purse I take them to the bank and exchange them for notes.
    Sorry to hear the beef stroganoff upset you, the dairy in it should be cooked and usually that is alright. Perhaps she added extra cream after the cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Renaissance fairs. I hope you plan to post the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:52 PM

    That's very interesting about rounding up and down and seems to be a way to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest I´m afraid of what´s up for my Nieces over here.
    Every generation has it´s own fears, I reckon.
    Sorry that beef stroganoff was no good - it sounds so darn yummy (I never had one).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sentence that is "coffee is on".

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to keep an eye on finances too Dora, but looking over at the mess on my desk, it's long overdue 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep a close check on what I spend but never balance my chequebook. Hope the stroganoff was good anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom considers herself a member of Gen X, however her birth years lists her as a Boomer. I bet a good number of Z kids think they're millennials.

    I guess the test is, "can you remember not having internet?"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a Gen X-er. ~grin~ Let's hope Zima comes back, my dear. Thanks for the friendly visit, and be well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Millennials are in their 30s. Can you believe this year's seniors (high school) were born in 2001? I feel old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep track of my finances closely, too. I don't like surprises when it comes to money.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good idea, and sensible, to keep a track of finances.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 25, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I've posted my artist trading cards and put them up for trade. I'm going to take a slight break from making artist trading cards. I...