Saturday, March 12, 2011

Photo Hunt (Machine(s))


Last fall after the cattle left the field which they graze. The owners decided to go and replanted hoping a new crop would be the answer for having the grass last a little longer.
They left there disk plow out there and now it just starting to show throw the snow.
As I talk about in past blogging post I grew up on berry farm in the Spokane valley. One piece of machinery(s) I was fond of and the local neighbor kids was the cultivator which in size wasn't even close to this one.
My dad would be cultivating up and down the strawberry rolls. We would line up the Holland, LaShaws, Turner kids and me to have our turn riding on the cultivator.
In a lot of ways I believe my dad was happy for the few extra pounds that put down the cultivator. But I don't recall any of us wanting to ride on cultivator though out the entire berry patch. I think we only would ride it about two rolls and off we would go and play.

Confession time...it made me wonder what every happen to these kids. I looked on face book but I only been in contact with one of them and she isn't even on facebook or has a computer.
We where all born in late 50's or early 60's

For more info on Saturday photo hunt please check in with our hostess Tn Chick

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    It's quite the moment of nostalgia. I can't even remember the names of most of the kids I ran around with in Summer. Most i only knew for few weeks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i smile at your nostalgia. i was in my hometown last week visiting relatives and some former classmates, and now connected to the "younger" cousins in facebook. these cousins were just babies when i left, now they're professionals.:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:48 PM

    Old machines do the nostalgia thing for me - but then I am a male :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I really like this photo!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...