Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bend Over Drink

Just came up with a new drink not sure to classify it as a juice or smoothie. So for now I'm calling it a drink.
If you have a kick ass blender such as vita mix or blend tech. You could do this “Bend Over Drink” but I don't so I'll give you this recipe the way I did it.
In a juicer which you would do carrots in.
3 to 5 carrots.
1 good size sweet potato or yams
1 inch piece of beet
1 inch piece of ginger (I'm a ginger fan so I would add more)
Your left over stems ( I save mine and I had a Tupperware small round flat ends of asparagus)
Juice this together mine made a little over 1 pint of juice.
Actual this juice is tasty and if one doesn't want to go on to next step of this recipes. Please enjoy your Juice.
But if you would like a little more to this drink. Place your juice in a blender
now add
1 cucumber
4 radishes
1 ½ to ¼ inch of slice cabbage ( I had ½ head of green cabbage in the fridge so I slice some)
8 strawberries
small amount of parsley ( I would guess about a ¼ of cup)
2 good hand full of spinach.
Blend well together one may want to add water depending on how thick they may want it.

All of these ingredient is you would have to bend over and pick them.

I been increasing my activity level. I been exercising two days on and two days off. On the yuk days I been using the tread mill.
On the nice day I take a walk but Saturday Murphy and I went out I believe it was dist 5 area pass the Indian Reservation turn off, Hiked up in hill a little hoping to find something interesting.
A bit early for asparagus but I have found wild asparagus in that area. Confession time I have never found enough to put up but the most I found at one time is a mess for a least 6 people but this doesn't happen often. It depends on how much ones eats.

The three of us which would be my hubby Murphy, our friend Quenella, and I decided to visit 6 different churches in our area. Each of us will pick 2 to visit.
In a nut shell there limited to what I'm willing to drive is Boundary or Bonner County. But if a certain faith isn't offer in our area I would be willing to drive to Spokane area for two services. But I prefer to stay in the local area. The price of gas is jaw dropping at $3.30 a gallon.
So Murphy was the first to pick a church to visit.
So he picked the “Economic Church” which is holy myrrh bearing women which is about mile form our home.
I was some what shock that Murphy picked that one. I believe out of ignorance he didn't know it had twist of Catholicism. Statement time...My hubby some what holds a grudge against the Catholic Church.
I have to say there web sight sure doesn't do them justices. Statement time..It to binding not free and to dead.
But going to there service. Not sure if all there service are like this because it is lent season. It was a praise and worship service.
I have to say I was impress with the choir voices and harmony. Lot of singing and praise. Sure there where things I disagree. Opinion time...I like some ritual in things but I thought it was little heavy.
After the service they had fellowship and a pot luck dinner. During the lent season they abstain from meat. The very short sermon was on fasting.
Of course being new ones they ask what our spiritual or religious back ground Quenella and I sat the same table.
I was so glad she handle the topic. In nut shell she says it important to love God with all your heart. Can't remember everything she said. But she told them she had no desire to be come Orthodox.
I don't have any desire to join any denomination of religion.
Now would I go back. I wouldn't go to it on any regularity but I wouldn't avoid it like the plaque either.
So Quenella will pick the next service we attend. I know she mention going to a Catholic service. Thinking it was at 11 so I drove pass St Anne and Sunday Masses is at 9 Am and Saturday service I believe is at 5 in the evening.
Murphy said he wasn't because he has to many bad memories. I don't know if Murphy would be more comfortable going to St Joesph in Sandpoint then St Anne in Bonners Ferry.
But we aren't going to visit anther church until Quenella gets back form the coast.
I'm considering picking Mountain Spring and Beth Shalom.

Sorry I'm to tired to load up pictures to share on the posting. We just sprung a head and on Sunday morning I like to listen to Religion town hall meeting. Today topic was on new way of communication with our new technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, May 2, 2024; This Is What Happened.

  I could swear my head was detached; that was yesterday. I forgot all my art supplies. Wednesday, well, first and third Wednesday. I go to...