Monday, January 28, 2008

It Snowing So I Did....



LEMON BARS


This recipes, with its shortbread crust and tart, lemony filling. It a cross between a cookie and little pie


(for the crust)
1½ cups of sifted flour
½ cup sifted powder sugar
¾ cup (1½ sticks of butter) butter or margarine at room temperature.


(For the filling)
2 cups granulated sugar
¼ cup sifted flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
2 Tablespoon sifted powder sugar





To make the crust: Prepare the oven
to 350° F and butter a 13”X 9”X 2” baking pan> In a medium size bowl, mix the flour with the powder sugar, the work in the butter with your fingers until a dough forms. Press in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes





/>

Meanwhile, make the filling: Onto a piece of wax paper , sift granulated sugar, flour and baking flour. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, until thick, the blend in sugar mixture, the lemon juice, and rind. Spread over the hot crust and immediately return to the oven. Bake 25 minutes


Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then dust with the 2 tablespoon of powder sugar.


Cookies will store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to one week. Do not freeze







This our back yard





As it snow and snow from Saturday evening until almost noon on Sunday we accumulate a good 6 inches of new snow.
As I was doing general house work Bart and Murphy was shoveling snow and running the snow blower.
I keep track of the weather and so far this year in 08 we have had 48 inches of snowfall this year.
Of course some of it melt and re snowed over again. By looking out side I would say we have two and half feet of snow in our back yard.






This is in front of our home

7 comments:

  1. ohh those lemon bars look yummy. I have to try that recipe. As for the snow..brrrr, that looks cold, but the photos are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora, your yard is amazingly beautiful! I think I might make some of those lemon bars.. it will soothe my soul to bake something.

    And I would like to thankyou for being such a sweet person.. always commenting such lovely words on my blog xo - can you email me your postal address? While I am taking a break, I think I might send some cards to my friends xo bless you always, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to stand with you, and take in the view you have every day....

    Thanks for coming to visit...

    ~Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfect thing to bake on a day like that! I should make some soon: they are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, yummy, yum, yum. I'm on my way over for lemon bars and tea. It'll take me about a century to walk to Idaho from here!

    Do you still have the seeds or did you mail them out already? What did you take?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum and Brrrr. Looks tatsy. Your blessed with a beautiful yard.

    I decluttered out pantry see photos at http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/sdom.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. brrrr is right, and I have already copied that recipe from you! To think, last time I made anything like that is was an awful mix.
    This looks double yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Wednesday, March 27, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  We got the plugs fixed in the pick-up, which cost us $261.09. The last time we did a set of plugs, it was under $80.00. But I'm glad i...