Saturday, August 11, 2007

Photo Hunt #14

ROW

Theme: ROW/ Become a Photo Hunter/ View Blogroll


This one of my Uncle and Aunt Hay field and it is Alfalfa. Around here they usual cut hay twice a year once around the 4th of July or mid August. But some people get lucky and get a third cutting. Those who does a third cutting could run into problems if the ground freezes and with no snow covering on the ground it could possible kill off an alfalfa.


During the end of July Sharon of Rocks in my dryer did dog day give away and I participate in. My package arrived in Texas and my goodies went to Stitch blade as her package arrived her children claim some of the content and didn’t get a chance to take a picture of it. So here is a picture of what I mail her.


Plus there dog somewhat looks like our dog


Daisy

9 comments:

  1. One of my neighbours once decided to grow alfalfa for her own use in a small plot of ground and it actually grew quite well. As you say, though, so much depends on the weather throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of a corn field for today but didn't. Yours is much better and clearer than a corn field. Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fields around here. Too bad we can't smell the cut alfalfa through the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How interesting; I'd never thought about how Alfafa was grown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for stopping by the Poor Mouth. Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful (so deep green!) picture for the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rows of alfalfa is a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's interesting :)

    btw, thanks for visiting my very 1st Photohunt. :) appreciate it.

    have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The package was great! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, May 17, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  Our primary is this coming Tuesday, May 21 st . To me the primary is more important than the general election here in Idaho. It mainly ...