Sunday, April 01, 2007

March Weather Report 2007


For the month of March 2007 the warmest day was the 30th which was 65.0 and the coldest day was the 1st at 5.4
The average high was 54 and average low was 29.6
This month and year was first time using a rain gauge and we haven’t had it up for full month and got two and quarter inches of rain.
Compare March 2007 and March 2006 it a little warmer on the average this year. But I’m surely not going to move my main planting dates up.



I was part of seed exchange that Nio started and I started some passion seeds. Not sure if there going to be a vine or bush.
I’m not expecting to get any passion fruit from it.
I live to far North.
In all honesty I’ll feel lucky if I get it to flower.
I want to start more then one pot of passion seed but I only had dirt for one pot.
With gas being all most $2.70 a gallon, only one-tenth to go and it will be a full $2.70 a gallon here.
So maybe tomorrow after work I’ll get anther bag of potting soil.



Yesterday after I got home from work I was going to do Saturday photo hunt and the theme was “water”.
Well I was too poop to do it.

So I was going to try to get a picture of the game reserve out here. But I didn’t.
I took some picture of Deep Creek and the Kootenai River.
But I thought the back water of Deep creek was kind of interesting the dike which is pose to save the town of Bonners Ferry in case of flood.
Last time our little town flooded was in 1948.
Then around mid seventy the Libby Dam was built.
Not sure how each aspect affected anything negative or positive. But I’m sure it does have an effect.
Or how it all works.

I want to know the effect of putting my camera lens down the rain gauge and taking a picture.
At the time there was two and fourth inches of rain water in it.
I think it kind of interesting in weird way.
I’m starting to wonder if light was at a different angle if it would show some interesting colors

7 comments:

  1. The rain gauge photo is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like that rain guage photo. Good idea.

    Seeds!~!! Ahh I love spring just for the fact that I can plant seeds. I have GIANT Sunflowers this year. I hope they are as big as the package says they are supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rain gauge photo.
    I can't until Michael and I buy our land, then I can have a garden and do seed exchanges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your post...especially your creativity of the last photo...it looks like a kailidiscope...very neat...one thing...you should have made us guess what it was...I would have never guessed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the passion flower, Pep. I remember seeing these grow wild in Hawaii. They are really quite startling and beautiful. I'd love to be able to photograph one, up close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even in Alabama, where the weather is perfect in the Spring, I never plant until May 1. It warms up, seemingly for good, in mid March or so, but we ALWAYS get a cold snap in April. And everyone who plants on "Good Friday", the traditional day to plant in the south, or so my mom tells me, loses whatever has started to sprout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photgraphs,
    theres seeds aplenty!! hope they do good growing. I am visiting Canada near to Nelson, flying into Calgary and my friends wil pick me up and I think its a long drive there.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today is Tuesday, March 7, 2024: This Is What Happened.

Yesterday, May 6, 2024. I posted about a guy who lived constitutionally. And I posted about him carrying a gun into a store. You can read my...