Monday, January 15, 2007

Free and Nearly Free

For dinner I did up some macaroni and cheese. Not from the box but from scratch.


Macaroni and Cheese.
1 - 12 oz package of macaroni noodles, cook as directed on package.
Drain and let cool.
Once the macaroni is cooled.
Put macaroni in 9 by 12 pan.
Also in pan add
½ cup of milk and one egg. I like to beat my egg and milk in a small bowl before adding it to the macaroni.
1 cup of breadcrumbs adds to macaroni.
1- 16 ounce of cottage cheese add to macaroni.
2 cups of graded cheese. I divide my cheese up I put 1 ½ cups of cheese in my macaroni. Mix well together.
Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
Bake at 350 for about 30 to 40 minutes.


You may add some chopped up veggies such as tomatoes, celery, onion, pepper, etc



North Idaho isn’t real friendly to the ideal of “environmental things”. At one time it was quite fashionable to have bumper stickers to blame the economy on the environmentalist.
Well in our local paper a letter was written telling about freecycle and now there is a group in Bonners Ferry At this time I didn’t see anything that fancied me.
But I notice a set of twin message that was posted the first part of January.
My friend Quenella knows a family who could use some mattress for their children. “ I hope it works out well for them.”
But I have to say “North Idaho is slowly becoming more environmental friendly


I’m one who don’t mine a freebie or a give away. So every so often I’ll check though Lee Seats, freebies This site here can link you up to great little free things. If your looking for big ticket items this isn’t the place.
It place for small free samples.


Last Christmas I was involved in two swaps and had a blast in both of them. I recently found anther one for Valentines. Miss R is the hostess of heart-flower-chocolate swap. It sounds fun

2 comments:

  1. ooooh, that mac&cheese recipe sounds delish!!!! Wish my hubby would get over his love of the boxed kind, and accept that sometimes (often-times) made from scratch is better than made from boxes & powders. *sigh* I'll have to copy your recipe anyway, and put it in my recipe box. *grin* Maybe someday the hubby will come 'round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to disagree with Kati on the Mac and Cheese.

    Freecycle is awesome. I tend to give away more than I get, but that's fine. One gripe I have though, is no one seems to answer my requests for things; snowshoes are an example. I've requested them a number of times.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, April 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  It's a cloudy day. It will likely rain. Later, I'm going to try an automatic drawing challenge for seven days. I got the idea fro...