Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

This Thanksgiving was the less stressful for me. I can’t say everything went smoothly.
We got a small Turkey as the turkey was in the oven baking and we forgot about it and suddenly had to put the rest of the dinner together.
But of carouse I forgot to open the can of cranberries “Yes, I know Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete with cranberries” The only honest excuse I can come up with “That’s how the cookie crumbles”
Plus I was going to make scalped corn with oysters and same thing happen here as the cranberries.
No big we forgot part of the dinner and I enjoyed my time in Kitchen with Murphy



Sawyer worked today and as the 3 of us was finishing up Sawyer drove in we could of wait a little bit.
But with our luck if we didn’t set down for dinner, Sawyer would of been up shoveling snow still


I had Bart try to take a picture of Murphy and I but it didn’t come out


I bought two pies. First year every. Lot easier then making them.Confession time...I feel slightly guilty buying pies that I could easily make

Every year I do a new recipe for Thanksgiving and in the co-op newspaper they had a snicker bar salad. My Aunt Eve makes one also but I’m not sure what one she does


Snicker bar salad


6 full size snicker candy bars.
1 (8oz) jar of marshmallow cream
6 Granny Apples
8 oz of room temp cream cheese
12 oz of cool whip
1. Cut your snicker bar and apples into bite size pieces
2. Cover and sit aside.
3. In large mixing bowl mix together cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and whip cream until smooth and creamy. If the cream cheese isn’t add room temp it will be lumpy.
4. Fold in snicker bar and apples
5. Garnish with Cherries if you like.



On a personal note. I would use what every apples that are viable. I used a 8 oz of cool whip and only 4 apples and 4 snicker bars.
But I think a person could change the ingredients to their liking.
I’m thinking of three musketeer bar, apples, pecan, and grapes.


The evidence of Thanksgiving dinner.



I could list of things that I’m Thankful for... “.I’m thankful for you stopping by and visiting me at my blog and the moment now”

6 comments:

  1. I started to post a picture of the after dinner mess but chickened out.

    I do a ham because we usually have so many people. This year we didn't but it will freeze and maybe I'll drag it back out at Christmas.

    My Army son called. Managed to get a short leave and will be home tomorrow for a couple of days. Whee!!

    Snicker salad looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! The food looks delicious, and I appreciate the coffee flavor that appears to run through your blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your messy kitchen photo, Peppy - and we forgot the cranberries too. I'm glad you had a GOOD day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget something during the feasts. Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

    And I like your change of template!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that snicker bar salad looks soooo good, I'm going to copy the recipe...I think this is something my boys would love!! Forgetting to serve some things at Thankgsiving or Christmas has happened to me too...we usually have so much food, it's no wonder we forget some! Sounds like you had a lovely Thanksgiving:-)

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...