Saturday, October 14, 2006

Tad Bits of Stuff and a Zebra too


Today I thought I would share a few things with you all. My cousin Fabiana send me an e-mail of these good sounding cookies. I usual don’t agree with her political


Neimanmarcus honest time...I can’t afford to shop their and if I could I don’t know if I would any how I like looking at their Christmas catalog for kicks and giggles if you don't already know, is a very expensive store.
They sell your typical $8.00 T-shirt for $50.00. Let's let them have
it! THIS IS A TRUE STORY!!



My daughter and I had just finished a salad at a Neiman-Marcus Cafe in
Dallas, and decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are
such cookie lovers, we decided to try the Neiman-Marcus cookie. It was
so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe, and the
waitress said, with a small frown, "I'm afraid not, but you can buy the
recipe."
Well, I asked how much and she responded, "Only two fifty - it's a great
deal!" I agreed and asked her to just add it to my tab. Thirty days
later, I received my VISA statement, and the Neiman-Marcus charge was
$285.00!! I looked again, and I remembered I had only spent $9.95 for
two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom of
the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe-$250.00". That was outrageous!



I called Neiman's Accounting Department and told them the waitress said
it was "two fifty", which clearly does not mean "two hundred and fifty
dollars" by any reasonable interpretation of the phrase. Neiman-Marcus
refused to budge. They would not refund my money because, according to
them, "What the waitress told you is not our problem. You have already
seen the recipe. We absolutely will not refund your money at this
point."
I explained to the Accounting Department lady the criminal statutes
which govern fraud in the state of Texas. I threatened to report them
to Better Business Bureau and the Texas Attorney General's office foe
engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what you want. Don't
bother thinking of how you can get even, and don't bother trying to get
any of your money back." I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and
now I'm going to have $250 worth of fun." I told her that I was going
to see to it that every cookie lover in the United States with an e-mail
account has a $250 cookie recipe from Neiman-Marcus.....for free!!! She
replied, "I wish you wouldn't do this." I said, "Well, perhaps you
should have thought of that before you ripped me off!!" and slammed down
the phone. So here it is.
PLEASE, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of.
I don't want Neiman-Marcus to ever make another penny off of this recipe!!!!




NEIMAN-MARCUS COOKIES




This recipe makes 112 cookies. (Recipe can be halved)


2 cups butter
24 oz. chocolate chips
4 cups flour
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1- 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)


Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. In a large
mixing bowl cream the butter and both sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla.
Mix together with the flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
Add the chocolate chips, Hershey Bar (grated), and nuts. Roll into
balls, and place 2" apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375
degrees.



I like going to Lee Seat freebies web page to get small free things. Sample size only things. Read carefully everything you do. This is where I got free example of magic wall easer. honest time... I haven’t been ripe off from any of these offers, your not going to get anything of real value all way under $5.00 but most of the stuff is pretty neat

I got this e-mail news letter on Halloween ideals


Honest time...I like to buy things and if I can save a few pennies I’m in favor of that So anther place I like to frequent dollar stretcher

3 comments:

  1. I had received that email years ago and copied down the recipe for the Neiman-Marcus cookies. I've never attempted to make them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story and I loved the Zebra photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that story before somewhere! This is the first time I've seen the recipe, though. Those cookies sound delicious! May have to try making 'em.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...