Saturday, October 28, 2006

Getting Ready for Ole Man Winter

>

On the south side of the house we cut one of lilac bushes way back, down to the ground and it dead. Statement....I’m hoping it dead as a door nail Before my mom got this house which she brought from my cousin Pablo and he planted two lilac against the south side of the house. With the lilac there it’s been a real pain.
I like to dig a runner off the other lilac bush which is still alive and move it between the house and mail box. Then cut it way back and let it die.
But now I’m digging up an ole lilac stump and I thought it would be pretty easy. Honest time...I was wrong. Plenty of tap root that goes all over under ground.
After I get lilac stumps dug up I like to plant some roses, peonies, and rhododendron plus add our fossils.
It got quite a bit of work to get it to that stage that I can start planting



Both Murphy and my day off of work and I needed to get some things done around the place before the cold snap comes in.
The weather on televison said, in couple of days it should get down to the teens.


So I dug up my gladiolus and my one dahlia bulb and as I was digging up the dahlia and stuck the shovel right into the dahlia bulb and cut it right into half.
I cut back the gay feathers back to the ground level


Early Afternoon Murphy, Bart and I went up to our place on the North Bench to look around.
Bart went hunting for a deer, it buck season until the 1st of November then it comes either sex. No deer.
Murphy and I looked around and found some items we would like to take back to our home in Pleasant Valley. But we decide we need to haul some stuff to the dump, burn, yard sale it Statement time...I have know ideal when I’ll have time for a yard sale Or give it to one second hand store.
As I was walking threw the woods I spot some trees that could possible be future Christmas trees. I need to go out later and flag some.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, it that a view from your yard..It is so pretty. Love the photos. I am glad you got a new camera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn, Yes that my yard and I got everything dug up for nick of time. It snowed and got down just below 10

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...