Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Bad Spiritual Habits

Actually I was going to blog about this closer to Samhain/Halloween. To me Halloween is also a time to redo one self spiritual or get rid of your bad spiritual habits.
Yes my soul needs some work on.


The three area I like to work on is: I hold grudges, I only forgive people part way, and if someone doesn’t excepted my apologies I get pissed at them


If some one pisses me off bad enough, which isn’t very often. I won’t hold what they did in the pass to me. Confession time....I’ll keep an eye and ear open if they do something else to me Then I’ll have to do something to them to teach them a lesson or make sure I’m one up on them or two.
At times I’ll even tell the person that I’m pissed at what I’ll do to them if they screw up, I learn this from my mom. A conversation might went like this when I was a teenager.
Mom: “You need to be home by Midnight”
Peppy: “ Look lady I’m going to a party and I’ll be home at one”
Mom: “ Is it a kegger?”
Peppy: “Yes, and what the hell are you going to do about it” As I’m walking toward the front door.
Mom: “ If your not in by Midnight, You’ll be grounded for two weeks”
Peppy: “ You wouldn’t have the nerve”
Mom: “Try me”
Well we both kept our words and I’d come home at one and I’d get grounded. Confession time...I a least knew where I stood with my mom, which I respect” I try to do the same I want my friends and oppositions know where I stand.
No I don’t hold grudges on pass but I sure do in future.


I’ll forgive people for the pass but like my grudges I’m also keeping and eye and ear open for some slip up and I can take back my forgiveness.
Confession time...My father never every forgave me for being such a nasty teenager As I was growing up he would down talk me and basically told me that I was a piece of shit.
He never trusted me and always looking for some minor mistake I’d do and then he would hold a grudge and so he would have reason not to forgive me.
I think he went to the grave and never real forgave me. I'm hoping I'm wrong. What I hope that happen he forgave me and admitted his faults before he pass on.
Honest time...I know I don’t look or snoop on people to find their faults
If I truly forgave people I wouldn't keep and eye and ear open to take back my forgiveness that I granted them


The last thing if I admit my short coming or when I wrong someone and willing to bury the hacket.
If they’re not willing to except my apologizes Honest time..It actual pisses me off and I want to get even and get one up on the S.O.B.
I need to learn and over come. If I’m in the wrong and admit my short coming and or say I’m sorry. The person(s) that I admit my fault to apologize to and if they don’t excepted it. It not my problem it come theirs


I’m not turning the other check so someone can shit on me either. My spiritual self is tarnished and I know I need not hold grudges or take back forgiveness that hasn’t happen and propley never will.
Plain and simple if someone don’t except your apology or when you admit your short comings it then becomes their problem and not your anymore

2 comments:

  1. Finding you blog via Claire, I find your honesty and insight refreshing. It's much harder, have you noticed, to do "the right thing" when you examine your own motives, so you really do no harm to anyone. It must be nice for those who just accept whatever they are told is the right thing. They have no agony of self-questioning to go through! You've got courage, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm, lots to think about here. Forgiveness is the best path to healing for you and the person you are forgiving but sometimes it is a walk, takes time and you have to forgive and then forgive some more and the do it again...Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Saturday, May 4, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  When I change cameras, I usually have trouble pulling the photo off the camera onto the laptop. Not this time.   Murphy and I clean some...