Saturday, September 16, 2006

Myra Florance McCalmant Witherell


Today would of been my Mother Myra 83 birthday. But she died in May of 2000.


She was some gal. If one statement would explain my mom would of been “She had backbone for more then her self”

My mother is one of 12 children (two died as infants) They where 8 boys and 4 girls. She was dead center in middle.
She was born in Minatare Nebraska on September 16th 1923. So that makes her a Virgo and in Chinese zodiac she is a boar
Her parents were Edgar McCalmant and Olive Mary Shirley.
In 1937 they moved from Nebraska to the Bonners Ferry area. Then is 1953 she married Harold Siver Witherell. He worked on the railroad. Then sometime in late 50's they moved to Spokane area. In Feb of 60 I was born. My mom only had one child.
My dad been came ill with lung problems he died in October of 1977 and then in 1979 she moved back up to the Bonners Ferry area to be around her family. May of 2000 she had a heart attack and died.
When I grew up we had an acre of Strawberries and Raspberries . She ran the business.


Now for some of the personal stories about my mom


My mom hardly drank but once in while she would have nip. One day a neighbor friend and her got into one of my dad bottle of hooch. She and her friend decide to make peanut brittle and let me tell you she was shit faced.
I remember my father coming home that night and saying “mommy drunk”


One day my Dad and Mon was out building fence. For some unknown reason my father decided to be cute funny.
He told her to, Get your damm finger out of your ass and pick up that board. Well my mother Threw the board at him and told him shove it up his ass


This was told to me my Aunt Eve, my mother sister.
When they lived in Nebraska. The oldest son of that family came home and said the child who is next older then my mom. Told their mom that Nile got into trouble by picking on some kid. So Nile got paddlin.
So Ken thought it was funny and he came home and made up the same lie about Nile getting into trouble again.
My mom open her mouth and said that nothing but a damm lie well my grandmother had her favors.
My grandmother end up back handing her.


As I understood that her brother Ken borrowed some money from her in the 40's or 50's. Well she had to get in his face to get out of him and she got it from him


My mom had plenty of backbone, never played favor, took responsibility for her action, honest and a hard worker


This is picture from the area my mom was born in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Monday, May 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.

  I went to see my therapist, and the main thing we talked about was disappointment. And we sort of chit-chat about this and that.   One t...