So my printer ink ran out. I'm not sure if anyone here in Bonners Ferry carries it or not. In all honestly I haven't looked.
So I been hand writing things. So for Thanksgiving I made an nectarine pie which I used my home can nectarine pie filling.
Then I thought apple and caramel pie. So I found quite a few and I had to write a few notes and put one together.
Well for Thanksgiving dinner there where 26 I ended up taking my two pies and a Waldorf salad. But before I start to cook Murphy and I made a pot of white chilli. It was a handy way of doing things simple because the chilli slowly cooked on back burner and it was out of my way so I could make the item for Thanksgiving dinner.
Making the crust with my new food processor did ok but next time a smaller batch would have been a lot better.
Now back to the chilli at the time we made I forgot a simple fact “beans=gas”. Oh in middle of the night the night before Thanksgiving. I started to toot and toot. Even woke my self up. I sure was hoping it would end before we went to the gathering. It did.
When I'm running Faith to do her weekly marketing. Lot of time I'm having one of those fancy coffee at Starbucks. As I'm there I send out 3 hand written cards weekly to different people.
I usual get my cards from second hand stores or yard sale. Once in while I'll get them at some retail place but they have to meet two standard. Price and I have to like the design.
These I got at Wal-mart.
As you all can see the card is sitting on my record of my weigh in at (tops) So our weight recorder writes in this book.
3 apples diced
2 pares diced
2 celery sticks diced
Little bit of lime zest
½ to 1 cup of chopped walnuts
½ to 1 cup of raisins
a little bit on thinly sliced onions (I use less then ¼ cup) I would use about 1 to 3 Tablespoon of onions .
¼ to ½ cup of Mayo
CARAMEL APPLE PIE
- 1-1/4 recipes pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
- 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 3 tablespoons and 1-3/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7-1/4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping *
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 1-1/4 (16 ounce) packages frozen whipped topping, thawed
This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 1 deep dish pie.
- Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Stir together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Toss with the apples in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the first unbaked pie shell then drizzle the caramel topping over the top. Sprinkle with pecans. Place the second pie shell over this and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape then place on preheated cookie sheet.
Bake 45-50 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 1 hour before slicing. Top with whipped topping, if desired.
- I just got a Smucker ice cream topping and just dump it in the pie filling.So if I haven't sweeten you up there is two give away over atConfessions of a pagan soccer mom is having a give way and she is giving something way fromBEAUTY WATCHER
Those who love chocolate. Pea of Peas corner is having a GIVE AWAY
So I hope you all en joyed your self and next Saturday hunt will be “Ripped” over at our hostess TN CHICK