Saturday, November 26, 2011

Photo Hunt (Written)


So my printer ink ran out. I'm not sure if anyone here in Bonners Ferry carries it or not. In all honestly I haven't looked.
So I been hand writing things. So for Thanksgiving I made an nectarine pie which I used my home can nectarine pie filling.
Then I thought apple and caramel pie. So I found quite a few and I had to write a few notes and put one together. 
Well for Thanksgiving dinner there where 26 I ended up taking my two pies and a Waldorf salad. But before I start to cook Murphy and I made a pot of white chilli. It was a handy way of doing things simple because the chilli slowly cooked on back burner and it was out of my way so I could make the item for Thanksgiving dinner.
Making the crust with my new food processor did ok but next time a smaller batch would have been a lot better.
Now back to the chilli at the time we made I forgot a simple fact “beans=gas”. Oh in middle of the night the night before Thanksgiving. I started to toot and toot. Even woke my self up. I sure was hoping it would end before we went to the gathering. It did.
When I'm running Faith to do her weekly marketing. Lot of time I'm having one of those fancy coffee at Starbucks. As I'm there I send out 3 hand written cards weekly to different people.
I usual get my cards from second hand stores or yard sale. Once in while I'll get them at some retail place but they have to meet two standard. Price and I have to like the design.
These I got at Wal-mart.
As you all can see the card is sitting on my record of my weigh in at (tops) So our weight recorder writes in this book.

WALDROF SALAD
3 apples diced
2 pares diced
2 celery sticks diced
Little bit of lime zest
½ to 1 cup of chopped walnuts
½ to 1 cup of raisins
a little bit on thinly sliced onions (I use less then ¼ cup) I would use about 1 to 3 Tablespoon of onions .
¼ to ½ cup of Mayo

CARAMEL APPLE PIE
Ingredients
  • 1-1/4 recipes pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
  • 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 3 tablespoons and 1-3/4 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 7-1/4 cups thinly sliced apples
  • 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping *
  • 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons chopped pecans
  • 1-1/4 (16 ounce) packages frozen whipped topping, thawed

Directions

This recipe's Ingredients were scaled to yield a new amount. The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield of 1 deep dish pie.
  1. Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
  2. Stir together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Toss with the apples in a mixing bowl.
  3. Pour the mixture into the first unbaked pie shell then drizzle the caramel topping over the top. Sprinkle with pecans. Place the second pie shell over this and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape then place on preheated cookie sheet.
Bake 45-50 minutes, until golden brown. Cool for 1 hour before slicing. Top with whipped topping, if desired.
  • I just got a Smucker ice cream topping and just dump it in the pie filling.
    So if I haven't sweeten you up there is two give away over at 
    Confessions of a pagan soccer mom is having a give way and she is giving something way from
    BEAUTY WATCHER
Those who love chocolate. Pea of Peas corner is having a GIVE AWAY
So I hope you all en joyed your self and next Saturday hunt will be “Ripped” over at our hostess TN CHICK

11 comments:

  1. It was 2 decades ago when my recipes when handwritten because I didn't own a computer then.

    Your pies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the hand written recipes (expecially the ones with spatters or stains) are always winners! I enjoyed reading the whole post. Lots of things, not just beans, equals gas for me. toot toot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make pies very often, give me a break, I'm a man.

    I haven't hooked up my printer since buying this computer about a year ago, I save everything as files and store them on the internut.

    As for cooking I just make shit up, but sometimes resort to one of my cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of people for dinner.

    I love to write things down in a notebook, especially when I am on holiday. I then remember to write things up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your thanksgiving dishes sound wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect entry for this weeks theme. Have a fabulous week.

    Liz @ MLC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer typing to handwriting, it's not quick enough, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned how to type in high school, glad I did, now I'm a typing whore.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dora, you are so nice to stop by my blog all the time. I really appreciate that as my readership is few and far between. I consider you and the other frequent 'stoppers' a blessing to me.
    I love seeing handwritten recipes, especially from my grandmom and older. Good thought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh those handwritten recipes. my mother still handwrites them. loved it. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great attempt altogether. Really appreciate the effort, liked the topic. Thanks for sharing it. http://jillianmichaelsdietplans.com

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, March 28, 2024: This Is What Happened.

I have been putting together my bullet journal for the second quarter. I’m so thankful for the white-out. I almost made a calendar for the ...