Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Please Pull Up a Chair I Just Made a Fresh Pot of Coffee.

Well I thought today posting is pretty much to tune of catch up on news and hodge podge of things going on in my life or those who I feel like blogging about.



Mind mist gave me an award called “coffee is on” This blog I assume was made with my ending line when I leave a comment.
“Coffee is on”
so this is my encouragement award : Because you all have the coffee on and are ready to listen, encourage and even advise. Please pass it along to bloggers who encourage you!
There so many bloggers who have encourage you with their wise and kind words.
I like sharing my award with.
Wendy
Pea
Mary
Wise Acre


Small town RN



I received anther letter from letter I wrote about thinning the Thinning our forest lands I didn’t put on the first two paragraphs in letter I sent


This is response I got with Crapo


Thank you for contacting me about funding in the stimulus bill for natural resource projects. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.




As you may know, on January 14, 2009, I joined ten of my colleagues in the Senate in sending a letter to then President-Elect Obama asking for $1.52 billion in funding for critical forest health and restoration projects on public lands. The U.S. Forest Service estimates that it has enough "shovel-ready" projects in this area to create 50,000 jobs. As it stands, the Senate version of H.R. 1, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act includes $650 million for forest health projects. Thank you for your thoughtful comments, and please rest assured, I will continue to support healthy forest management projects that reduce the risk of fire and harm to surrounding communities.



Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, http://crapo.senate.gov.



Sincerely,

Mike Crapo
United States Senator


He left link called A.R and R.P then also anther link here 111



I resently wrote a letter to our local paper called Boundary County Digest the letter goes as follow


TellYour Officals How You Feel

president Obama promised the American People a more transparent government, and I feel we have an obligation to keep in touch with our all of our elected and pointed government officials. It really doesn’t matter what your political ideals are. We aren’t Red or Blue states; we are citizens of the United States of America. I am now asking my fellow citizen when you have the time or feel your voice needs to be heard to send an e-mail, make a simple phone call or write a letter to the editor of a newspaper. It doesn’t need to be ant thing fancy, but they need to be anything fancy, but they do need to hear us. As we’re in times that we may have not seen for ages, this may be a time for all safety net. I strongly encourage all to give your ideals, feedback and or thoughts to any elected government or appointed position. Here some addresses of our elected and pointed people in our government

Editor Note…I add the address where one could be contacted but I’m add a link please click here


I’ve had positive response to my letter most of was nice letter and well put together. Someone called (our phone number is in the book) and ask if I had the President phone number



Today was my T.O.P.S meeting and I was up a pound and half. I’ve done a lot worst

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been busy with the letter writting. I have never written to anyone like that. I always figure they won't see it anyway.
    Congrats on the coffee is on award

    ReplyDelete
  2. First....thanks for the award...I shall post it proudly and pass it along....

    Good for you for standing up and making your voice heard. My hubby chuckles but I write letters all the time...I know I am only one voice...but one voice can make a difference...as evident by your response from you memeber of the Senate and the public to you letter...

    Keep up the great work...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought government was transparent. It was never hard to see through it's superficial nature.

    I don't belong on the awards list. My comments are only 1/2 wise - the other 1/2 is crack.

    If I've encouraged or advised anyone I suggest they get professional help after listening to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award. I am pleased to here you received a positive letter back. That is encouraging that some one in the government reads there mail. And don't worry about the extra 1.6 lb. It is temporary. And will go away if you want it to. Big hug. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your award!! What fun! Let's sit down and enjoy a coffee with chocolate cake too. Never mind about that extra pound, it's winter and we always put on weight in winter. It keeps us warm. LOL!
    Thank you and big hug for passing on the award to me!
    You are one special lady.
    Keep up the letter writing. You never know...... (BTW - I think Mike has a strange last name Crapo!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peppylady,

    Congratulations on the award. YOu are very deserving and thank you for passing it on to me. I will be posting some awards soon and of course it will be included.

    I'm glad you're making your voice heard. We all need to do that more often. Politicians need to be aware of the people's voice.

    Don't fret over the small weight gain. Just continue to try and do your best. That's all anyone can ask. You'll lose again. Good luck.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Thursday, April 18, 2024: This Is What Happened

  I was surprised that there weren't any letters to the Editor of the  BONNERS FERRY HERALD.  I guess they got it all out on social med...