Thursday, October 01, 2026

Today is Thursday, October 1, 2026: This Is What Happened.

 




The last chore I did was mop my floor. I shouldn't say mop. I need put much elbow grease behind. Just lightly mopped.

Not sure what other things I will be doing around the place. I know I will make the bed. But the rest at this point I'm totally clueless.


Well, I figure what came in and out of our home, spending that is. Not going to share all the details. I don't have any desire to come across as pitifully or Formidable: So I thought I would share what took the middle part of our income. Which would be our utilities and donation.




In my comments, quite a few comment on my lap top issue. Lock up issue. It seem to be going just fine. In my e-mail box, I had someone or thing saying “You many have unopen e-mail in your box” I fell for it once. But not twice. “Fool me once, your the fool. Fool me twice I'm the fool” Didn't click on it.


I thought part of my UBC I would share the etymology of surnames of my husband and my side. And get chance to meet some bloggers, and possible make some blogger friends.

Well part of my UBC I thought I would continue my Etymology of surnames in my family and my husband side.



Today, I'm going with the last name of Andrew, and the Andrew in my line was a loyalist in our American Revolutionary war. He fought for Britain.

There basic 3 layers to this surname....Son of, or decedent of...The word is from Greek/French....Combine meaning, “Son of the brave one” All surname of Andrew is not related they figure there well over 25 lines. Plus there those who decided to change there last name for the Saint Andrew.

Andrews was at one time a Caddishness clan name, sometimes spelt Andrus. Duncan Fitz Andrew was its chief at the time they rendered homage to the English King Edward I in 1296. Later these Andrews seem to have been absorbed into the Clan Ross. So in Scotland — Andrews was an actual clan name — with a chief named Duncan Fitz Andrew who swore allegiance to King Edward I — the same "Hammer of the Scots" who appears in the earliest Whipp surname records! And: The surnames Andrew and Andrews are also considered septs of the Highland Clan Ross.

There to many well known people with surname of ANDREW or ANDREWS.


Part of my research was done with A.I. And the last two picture is done with A.I art.


Coffee is on.

12 comments:

  1. Mopping the floor is not fun but we always seem to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes mopping can be a meditation. And in the end - clean floors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no Andrew or Andrews surnames in the family but my ex-husband's family on his father's side is connected to Clan Ross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I occasionally get this email where they say they have cloned my computer and have seen all the dirty, nasty things I've watched. They say they'll email this to all my contacts if I don't give them however much they want. Joke's on them. I don't do any of the things they've said I've done, so I delete those emails. They make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news about your laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now this reminds me that I need to mop my kitchen floor :-// Good to know that your laptop works fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you've learnt the lesson about dubious messages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad that everything is fine with the laptop..sometimes it happens to me too that someone writes something that isn't true, but I just nicely delete it and mark it as spam :))
    Friday hug, Andreja!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Floors always seem to need wiping down again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Names can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear the laptop is running smoothly and that you dodged that spam email trap.

    Tracing the name Andrew back to "son of the brave one" and connecting it to Scottish clans and the Revolutionary War is such fun research. It’s amazing what history uncovers when you start digging into the family tree.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You’re really doing your genealogy research

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Friday, October 2, 2026: This Is What Happened.

 Not much of a post, having lunch at the senior center. They're having tomato soup with grill cheese sandwich. After ward I'm going ...