Saturday, September 26, 2026

Today Is Saturday, September 26, 2026: This Is What Happened.

 




Got a pork roast in the oven. They had pork roast on sale for $1.98 a pound. Maybe before Wednesday I will go in and pick up a few more. Stuck some applesauce in the fridge. And not sure what we will have for a carb yet.

For breakfast we had blueberry pancakes, with scrambled eggs.

As I was in town, I stop in at the tire store. Had them check the air in them, they were fine. My next stop was dollar tree. Got 3 bags of hard candy. I kept 2 for cough drops. The other one I will take to the senior center, and place it in the candy dish.


It been cloudy and rainy for last few days. But today since the moon is changing to full. I decided to have an slow down day.



As I was cleaning under the stairs. I ran into box of photos. I would like to get back to them. I'm thinking sometime later next week.

Someone is coming out to look at my molds tomorrow. Hopeful they'll buy them. So I can get them out of here. Murphy, and I aren't able to handle the big molds anymore.

This photo is of me, I was in my late teens, or early twenties. My husband didn't recognize me. Funny, there baby photo of Sawyer and Bart I can't tell apart. Later in it fairly easy. Sawyer has dark hair like me and his dad. Bart a lot lighter, even at one time he was blond.


Been working on my family tree. What been doing and fine interesting I been looking up the meaning of both Surname and Given name. I like to share one surname VERSTEGAN which means from Alley or path way.

So the three possible meanings are:

  • "From the path/alley" — most scholarly interpretation

  • "Firm property" — suggesting established land ownership

  • "Overgrown hedge" — a topographic feature

Additional meanings include: The meaning of the last name Verstegen is believed to derive from the Dutch words "verst" meaning "firm" and "egen" meaning "property" suggesting an origin related to ownership of some form.

Now for the Given Name of one of my husband 4th great grand mother, and the meaning...

Name Element

Meaning

Katrin

Dutch/German form of Catherine — from Greek "Katharos" meaning "pure"

Hendrina

Dutch feminine form of Hendrik/Henry — meaning "ruler of the home"

Hermanus

Dutch/Latin — from Herman — meaning "army man" or possibly a family surname used as a middle name

"Henrietta"

Her American nickname — English form of Hendrina

So her full name essentially means "pure ruler of the home"

Claude found one famous person with last name of Verstegan, RICHARD VERSTEGEN.

17 comments:

  1. Pork Roast sure is good and so is that price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...physically there many things that I can no longer do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never looked into the history of our names, in my family tree there are several women named Emma who married men named Bernhard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figuring out names and any old words can be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look like a baby in the photo.
    I’d love to do a family tree but as my parents were both born overseas, Greece, it seems like too big a task. I can’t read and write in Greek which makes it even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't eat much pork except pork belly. But 1.98 dollar for a pound is a great deal. That picture of you is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¡Todo bonito... te deseo un domingo bonito y tranquilo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. . If only you could tell that girl in the picture what you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Applesauce yells: Potato pancakes!
    And wee, you sure were a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pork if often a better buy than beef or chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting meaning to names ~ family history is always intriguing ~ Have a great week ~ Hugs ^_^

    https://anartistreflects.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pork Roast ... definitely yummy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love a good pork roast. It is great you found some of your pictures from the past.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Slow down days are nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like pork roast but it's still too hot here to run the oven.

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, September 27, 2026: This Is What Happened.

  Just found 2 sites, recently. One is called ART HELPER and the other one is ULTIMATE BLOG CHALLENGE . As in the art helper, still lea...