Friday, September 06, 2024

Today Is Friday, September 6, 2024: This Is What Happened.


Yesterday, I went to Sandpoint with Qunella and did some shopping. She bought some undies for three of Lolita’s Grandchildren. It’s been years since I’ve done any school shopping.



Before we went to Walmart, we went to the animal shelter thrift store, where I got some stamps. My budget was $10 for each of the thrift stores, but I ended up spending $20 at the animal shelter thrift store, so the goodwill was skipped.


Today, Murphy and I went to town. First, I dropped him off at the senior center. Then, I headed down to the library to return a book and check out WICKED. My son Bart and his family saw the Broadway play. I also made an appointment later in the month to have one of their techie people help me with my phone. I also got a copy of my house insurance summary.



Well, I’m putting in the artwork from WikiArt here. The word I put in the search bar was “election,” and it went to “elect,” so I took the eighth picture—one of “John Frederick the Magnanimous, elector of Saxony,” by LUCAS CRANACH THE ELDER.




Also, yesterday, Thursday, was the RAIN FRANCES CREATION. Today’s art theme is ‘wings,” so I tried some cubism style. I’m pretty pleased with it. As I said on Thursday, I was tired when I got home. I was lucky to make it up to 8:30 last night.




I don’t recall the last time I linked up ART FOR FUN. This is about an argument my husband and I had ages ago. I forgot about it until I was in a coffee shop with no clock. Plus, I wonder about couples who never had a disagreement. 


I’ve been working on some ATC cards, primarily a dogie set of 6. By the way, I will take it to our local ART GALLERY to trade. I will post the two cards I took on Sunday and the three I got. I’m linking to FRIDAY FACE OFF.

I won’t be posting tomorrow, Saturday, September 7. It looks like a full day.

14 comments:

  1. ...I like the colorful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had another busy day. I've seen Wicked three times, it's one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wicked — the book is very different from the play

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy week. I know it has changed a lot since I lived in N. ID but I used to really enjoy going to Sandpoint. There was no Walmart back then. LOL I like the picture you posted from wikiart. However, I really like your art much better. Thank you for joining in with FFO. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your money was probably well spent at the animal shelter thrift shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is that dish with the blue squares in it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some fun art today Dora. And I think giving a little more to the animal shelter would be my pick over goodwill's thrift shop any day. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika (And enjoy Wicked too. I've never read it but I saw the play once a long long time ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun and creative ATC cards ~ hugs,

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stamps, as in rubber stamps not the kind that stick to envelopes! It took me a minute to figure that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dora, you painted an interesting picture for Rain Frances (on an ace of hearts playing card, great). I like cubism!
    All the best and a happy new week, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/09/weltreise-2024-7-station-san-francisco.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog is smirking ... I bet he is proud of his multicolored coat :) Also like your cubist bird on the Ace of Hearts. It looks like the Turkey Vulture I used to walk around with on my glove. They are fun and playful when they get to know you. Fun post, Dora ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all your art pieces! They're terrific!

    ReplyDelete

I always felt free to let people comment as they see fit. If you have any desire to leave a comment that is spam or to exploit others.
If you have the need to express your self here and can only use swear words please keep in down to bare minimal.
please leave my blog and no need to come back.
If some reason you can not follow these simple request I will remove your post.
All others are welcome

Today Is Sunday, September 15, 2024: This Is What Happened.

 Not sure how the layout will go with this blog post. I've been working in what I call my spiritual art journal. The area I been working...